~Chapter 6~

Keith POV

That happened. I did that. Why the fuck did I do it? I'm screwed I'm so screwed.

I pushed past a group of people to get to my locker. After I fumbled with my fingers for a minute I finally got hold of the lock. I put in the combination and shoved my bag in there, grabbing my calculus book and a pen.

My mind was in a whirlwind. I was still in shock because of what I did. It felt so surreal. As soon as my lips touched his cheek-

My face burned at the thought. I clutched my book to my chest so hard it hurt. I chewed on my lip.

I must have not been paying attention as I ran into a person. My books scattered onto the floor. "Oh go- I'm so sorry." I dropped to my knees and picked up my books, keeping my eyes trained to the floor.

The person I had ran into followed suit and handed me my calculus workbook. "Y-you're fine.." his voice filled my ears, causing me to drop my book.

I glanced up, meeting his blue eyes for only a second before snatching my book and and picking up my other book.

Lance stood up slowly and held out his hand, I saw a small flicker of blue on his wrist out of the corner of my eye but ignored it.

I didn't take his hand, just stood up and shyly looked up at him. "I- my class?" I pointed to the door behind him, shuffling my feet.

His eyes widened, "Oh, right. Of course.." He stepped aside, rubbing the back of his neck.

I scooted past him and flung the door open as the bell rang.

The teacher looked up over her glasses. "Take a seat, Keith." She gestured to the front row. I nodded, sitting down and looking away. Letting my mind wander as the teacher drone on, I tried to keep Lance far away from my thoughts as possible.

Lance POV

Talk about fucking up any sort of relationship I could've had with Keith. I thought bitterly as the door to his classroom clicked quietly behind him.

I watched the door for a couple seconds before a sigh left my lips. I turned around and almost ran right into Pidge, a sly smirk lifting her lips.

"Hey Pigeon." I said tentatively, not knowing what she looked so satisfied about.

"Hello Lance. Fun morning?" She giggled.

I looked down at her with a raised brow, my lips slightly pursing in confusion, "Yes? It was fine?" I studied her for a second, her glasses glinting off the fluorescent lights above us. "What's your deal?" I queried, adjusting my backpack on my shoulder and beginning to walk towards my class.

She followed along, her hands non chalantly behind her back, but still a hint of a smirk on her lips.

"Oh nothing!" She hummed.

The hallways were slowly emptying out as people walked into their classes. There was really no one near us besides a couple kids taking their sweet time or people rushing to get something from their locker.

I awkwardly stopped by my locker, glancing at Pidge curiously every once and a while.

She hummed. "So is Keith like your soulmate?"

I whirled around, eyes wide, "What-?"

She flipped out her phone, tapping in the password and opening her gallery. She flipped her phone around so it was pointing in my direction, a condescending smile in her face.

I snatched the phone from her, studying the picture. It was blurry, I could see Keith with his lips pressed against my cheek, his eyes screwed tight. My wide eyed, dumbfounded expression; both our cheeks tinted pink with heat.

Before I could comment on anything Pidge giggled and snatched her phone from my hands, rushing down the hall to her class. All I heard was a evil giggle before she disappeared around the corner.

I grabbed my backpack from my locker, slamming it shut. I huffed. I didn't care about the picture-- okay, maybe a little -- I cared that I didn't know if she posted it anywhere. If I met my soulmate.. what would she think if I had some sort of scandal with a Emo Mullet Boy?

My mind filled with awful possibilities as I trudged to class.

-×-

The day dragged on slowly, my mind traveling to my encounter with Keith this morning more than I'd like to admit. I kept thinking of his lips against my cheek, about how everytime I touched him it felt like tiny shocks of electricity.

Pidge's picture didn't help. She successfully eluded me for the whole day, even lunch. I realized by second hour that she wouldn't post it anywhere without me or Keith's permission, she only took it and showed it to me to piss me off. I still want to slap her in the head, not as much though

And I also thought of my dream, my dream with my lips pressed against his. My hand intertwined with his. But everytime I looked down at my left arm guiltily.

I have a soulmate out there. Waiting for me, and she's probably not thinking of other guys. About kissing other guys.

I can't like Keith. It's not right or fair. I kept trying to repeat that in my head, burn it into my mind. But I couldn't help my hitch of breath whenever I saw him pass me in the hallway. My hearts flutter when he looked at me. The electricity everytime we spoke or touched.

Stop it Lance.

I looked down, at my covered arm, under the fabric was the small greetings of me and my soulmate. So why was I still thinking of Keith?

I grabbed my bag from my floor and opened the front pocket. I grabbed a blue pen. I was anxious, but excited. I rolled up my sleeve, taking a deep breath as I pressed the nib against my tan skin.

Keith

I couldn't focus. Could barely take notes when instructed to. Didn't know what the answer or even question was when the teacher called on me.

Everything repeated through me throughout the day.

Why did I do that? I kept thinking of my lips pressed against Lance's cheek, his red face as I pulled away. Everything was so surreal about this morning. I didn't understand one bit of it.

I rubbed my left arm. Thinking about my soulmate. Wondering if he was thinking of tall Cuban boys kissing him while he slept too.

I was dreading my last two hours, the only classes I had with Lance. I successfully avoided him throughout lunch by hanging out in a corner of the library, but I knew I couldn't hide forever.

I chewed my lip, watching the clock tick down. Sixth period edging closer with every precious second.

"One minute left. Pack up your things."

I suppressed a groan, my heart beating quickly. I slid my books into my backpack, standing up right as the bell rang.

This late as hell chapter is dedicated to my dear friend Lydia (blondie1098) even when I was thinking about discontinuing the story she was there to motivate me and push me to write another chapter. This chapter was, yes, written by me, but it was all her doing. So thank her :)
Love ya, Lydia <3

I also love and appreciate all of you! Over 10k views??!?
That's huge! Thank you for giving this story the votes and views. You guys mean a lot and motivate me too. I will not be discontinuing this story, but I do not have a set updating schedule. If you guys want a special, let me know! Contact me through twitter, instagram, or here!

Twitter: chainsaw_orgy
Insta: chainsaw0rgy
I love all the support! All your comments make me die of laughter.

Don't forget to drink water, eat, and take care of yourselves! Love y'all ^^