II

THIRD PERSON POV

"Wow, fuck her!" Jimin said, "She pushed you?!"

"No, no, she didn't push me," Jennie raised her hands and pushed them down as if to tell Jimin to take it easy. It had been a week since Lisa had pulled her in for the kiss. Since then Lisa and Jennie had met once a day. Lisa showed her some notes, Jennie would say yes or make notes on them, and then Jennie would leave. Jennie wanted to say something about it the whole time. Every single time she saw Lisa she wanted to get angry with her. She wanted to call her annoying.

But she didn't. Jennie just watched Lisa every time. More than all else, she wanted to kiss her again.

Now, Thursday, about a week later, Jennie ans her office mates were at a happy hour after work and she'd told them what happened. Except she left out the kiss.

"That's so mean," Taemin said. He'd played devil's advocate for Lisa but it seemed to be gone. Jennie agreed. The part that hurt wasn't pretending like the kiss didn't happen. That behavior was to be expected from Lisa. It was being called annoying.

"You haven't said something about it?" Jisoo asked. Jennie shrugged,

"What is there to say?"

No one really had an answer to that.

The next day, Friday, Lisa sat at her desk waiting for Jennie to come to their regularly scheduled meeting. She'd seen the girl every day for more than a week now and every day Jennie had a smile on her face. Lisa was confused as to how or why. Jennie still made small talk as if it was nothing to her. She was still trying to get to know Lisa and it made Lisa both uncomfortable and incredibly intrigued.

It had been a late day of working for both of them. It was almost seven when Jennie walked into the room. "Hey Lalisa," she said, "Lisa. Lili. Okay, I'll stop. What've you got for me?" Lisa looked down and hid the bit of smile her lip gave off. She gave Jennie some schedules and Jennie signed off on them no problem. "Alright, you have a great weekend." Jennie said, smiling wide and heading to the door. But then, the girl paused. Lisa watched as Jennie around, biting her lip. The action made Lisa tingle a little. She knew this would come eventually. She was surprised it took this long.

"I..." Jennie started. Lisa watched her intently. "I'm sorry if this is weird. Or rude. But, I find it strange that we haven't talked about what happened last week or the fact that, I mean, we..." Jennie looked at the floor for the rest of her statement, "...kissed. But more importantly you, when you called me annoying that was kinda hurtful and I was just hoping."

"Dinner?" Lisa said suddenly and flat. Jennie looked up and met her eyes.

"What?"

"Dinner." Lisa said again, though this time as a statement. She stood up, adjusting her button down shirt and smoothing out her jeans. She grabbed a jacket and headed to the door.

"Oh, like, now?" Jennie asked.

"Mhm," Lisa responded and kept walking.

"Oh, um, o-okay," Jennie said, laughing a bit and grabbing her things quickly to follow Lisa out of the building.

Jennie got in Lisa's car and watched her as she drove, still a bit shocked to speak. Lisa drove so casually. As if it was effortless. She never cut anyone off and got in lanes as early as she could, not minding traffic or longer wait times. She was patient with it all. Finally, Jennie built up the nerve. "So where are we going?"

"Rosa's," Lisa responded.

"Oh, I like that place," Jennie smiled, sitting back. She looked at Lisa again, "So, is this like, an apology?"