Chapter 5

It's cold. The stone floors chill my bones and I feel like I might freeze all together. The noise that echoes through me is the sound of paper? Is someone reading near me? This place feels odd to me. It is not like other places. I feel like I am not in the keep anymore. I have to open my eyes but they feel so heavy. I will them open and find indeed I am not in the keep. This is a library. This is not the keep's library. All around me are folk. They all seem normal, but there is one of every folk. All of them are dressed in robes of scholars. They wear beautiful robes trimmed in gold and they talk among themselves while reading books. The library itself is vast. Looking up there is no ceiling. It is more books that continue to ascend onward. Some of the books are floating about going lazily to their destination. I begin to stand and take in my surroundings. This place is. . . This can't be. This is the Hall of Firti! This her never ending library! But... No that would mean that I am dead!

"Peace child. I have only taken your conscious to answer your prayer." Turning quickly I see a beautiful High Elf standing before me. This. . . It's Firti. I lose my footing and fall to my knees before her. It is so rare for a Divine to take a mortal form. I keep my eyes to the stone floor. I see her stand right before me and kneel down. She reaches out her hand to cup my chin. She raises my eyes to meet her. Two silver eyes peer at me with pity.

"Poor child. I have tried to help your family for so long. Your Uncle and Your Great-grandmother were able to see my knowledge and they are amazing mortals... Speak. What do you wish of me child?" I try to speak but my tears choke my words. Firti's sliver eyes soften as she wipes away my tears.

"I'm sorry." I choke out, "I need your help Master. I need to know the truth. What is the difference between the folk of Valakolondoum? Is one superior to the other like I have been taught, or am I a simple fool?" The Goddess picks me up from the floor and holds me until I am stable.

"I accept your sacrifice and I will show you. I have a question for you child? When I show you this knowledge what will you do with it?"

"What?"

"When I show you my knowledge will you change your ways or remain as you are?" I think for a moment then look back at her.

"If I am wrong I will change, and I will spread your knowledge. Vemir asked me to tell him what I find out, and I will tell him no matter what the answer is." The Divine of Knowledge stares for a moment then extends her hand.

"This way child." I quickly take her hand and she leads me up one of the stairways. When I took her hand the folk then noticed me. Some of them wave or nod their head at me.

"Are all the people in your hall scholars?" The Divine nods.

"Scholars, nobles, warriors, and knights who sought out knowledge in life and still do here. Those that saluted you were from Entageni. Your Great-grandmother frequents here when she is not in the other halls. You're named after her correct?"

"Yes I am." Firti smirks as we go deeper into her library.

"She worried after you when her daughter told her you were named after her. Once you see the truth I hope for her sake and yours that you live up to her name." I put my head down. I hope I do as well, and I know that I have not been doing well.

"Here we are." We stop in front of a gold door. I look up at her and she motions for me to step forward. I take some steps to the door and look back at the goddess.

"Go in. I will be right here when you're ready to come out." I take a deep breath and open the door. I step in and the door gently closes behind me. I look and see nothing but space. I look around and then I see someone walking towards me. Behind them two more appear. Behind them more appear. When they get to me an Orc stands before me. All the elves are behind her along with a Dwarf and one of the fallen ones. As I look at them all I feel a sense of knowing.