Chapter 13 - "Alright princess, let's dance."

Start from the beginning

Taylor leaned against the wall waiting, her head down. Knowing her brother, if he wanted to he could get the footage from the restaurant and try to use it to identify her. So she kept her hood on. Part of her felt it was a rash decision to get him food, but she knew he needed it and would end up skipping the meal altogether if she didn't.

"Here you go," the man said, placing a plastic bag on the counter followed by the soda.

She thanked him and left. Ducking into the alley once more, she flipped the world back to the office. Weston stared wide-eyed at the bag and soda as she placed them on the desk.

"Why?" he asked, as she added the change to the mix.

"'Cause I could."

He waited for more of an answer but she didn't give him one. Deciding that was the end of the topic, he opened the bag and took out the burrito. He paused when he spotted the drink and the churro.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing...I don't usually drink soda or eat sugar," he said.

Taylor leaned her shoulder against the filing cabinet, arms crossed.

"My bad."

Weston waved the mistake away. "You couldn't have known."

As he unwrapped the steaming burrito, Taylor leaned forward and snatched up the churro. She bit into it, filling her mouth with the sweet cinnamon crunch. Weston smiled.

"At least it won't go to waste," he said.

"This is my payment for the fastest food delivery."

Angled back in his chair, Weston studied her. After he swallowed his bit, he spoke.

"Is that what your day job is, delivery person?"

In answer, Taylor continued to eat the churro, letting it say everything.

"You can't blame me for always being curious."

"I don't, I simply don't plan on ever telling you anything."

Weston wiped his mouth with a napkin and set the burrito down.

"I understand." He motioned to her. "You messaged that you had something for me."

"Aren't you going to finish?"

"I will later, I want to know what you learned."

Having to satisfy herself with the fact that he ate part of the burrito, Taylor dug her hand into her pocket and grabbed her phone. She tossed it to him and he caught it.

"On there is a video of Vincent and another member of the crime family meeting with an arms dealer."

Weston straightened, the energy about him sharpening. He found the video and let it play, scrutinizing each moment. When it ended, he swiveled towards his desk and rummaged through the drawers until he found a tiny cable. He plugged it into the phone and connected it to the computer. Taylor was surprised he even had a cable old enough that it worked with the ancient phone.

"How did you get this?" he asked.

"I tailed Vincent to a bar, he waited for about half an hour and then met up with this other guy. Then they both drove to a warehouse and I followed them inside."

Weston looked away from the download.

"You followed them inside?"

"Yeah."

"How did they not spot you?"

A set of cross beams, wet shoes, and avoidance of a near-death plummet.