Chapter 06: 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

I'm not gonna update this tomorrow since I have school and possibly some homework so, uh. Yeah that's it-

And plus I ran out of gifs.

°°°

Four months have passed since Rengoku-San's death. We obeyed the orders we got from the crows during our breaks in everyday training. And we each went out to defeat demons.

Even when we have to carry out duties alone, Zenitsu always whines. As for Inosuke, he has more pig assaults than ever.

Though sometimes, I think the fact that I'm not alone, makes me feel happy.

×

The boy's earrings flowed with his haori dancing in the same pattern as the wind. He smiled, looking up towards the bright blue sky. The peaceful atmosphere was something he ever wanted after coming back from a solo mission, though he would be even happier seeing his friends again at the Butterfly Estate.

Suddenly, he noticed someone else coming from the opposite direction. Upon seeing the familiar face, he couldn't help but wave as he called out the other's name.

" ( L/n )-San! Good afternoon! "

The man looked up as he smiled at Tanjiro, putting back his sword in its sheathe and walked over towards the boy.

" Kamado, you seem to be in a great mood today. How have you been? "

" It's been great. The mission was hard but I managed. By the way, why are you here? I thought your home is somewhere farther from here, "

" Oh, I'm waiting for someone in the Butterfly Estate. And I also have a new sword, wanna see? "

( Y/n ) asked excitedly. Tanjiro nodded as his eyes sparkle when the male took the blade out of it's sheathe.

" It's my first time showing off my sword to someone, so you're the first person to ever see it up close. Other than my blacksmith, "

" Your new sword looks amazing, ( L/n )-San! The color of the blade fits your overall look! "

The sounds of someone yelling made the two look towards the entrance of the Butterfly Estate. Both of them quickly went over to see what's happening.

" Let us go! "

The girl shouted, her face was plastered with fear as the other 3 stood behind the man carrying both of the girls. ( Y/n ) sighed at the sight, pinching the bridge of his nose before approaching the man.

" Uzui, we did not agreed to this- "

Immediately, one of Shinobu's successors took hold of the girl's hand, trying to stop the man from going any further.

" Don't just pull on me so plainly. You have your orders to follow, "

...

" JUST SAY SOMETHING YOU PLAIN BORING PERSON! "

" UZUI, DON'T SCREAM- "

" KYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH- "

One of the girls screamed, the two of them charged towards the man trying to help save the girls getting ' kidnapped '. ( Y/n ) then heard Tanjiro from behind as the young boy charged up towards the man.

" Get your hands off of them! "

Though the man swiftly avoided his signature headbutt, making him fell towards the ground.

" I am the ' Former Shinobi ', Uzui Tengen. The man who is known to be the most flamboyant in these parts, "

But Tanjiro didn't care, Former Shinobi or not, he stood up looking at Tengen fiercely along with Kanao and the others behind him.

" Give the others back, Uzui. We're not wasting our time here acting like children, "

" Yeah! What are you even planning to do anyways?! "

Tanjiro yelled back after ( Y/n )'s sentence, the girls started throwing insults towards Tengen making him getting mad from every word that came out of their mouth.

" You damn BRATS! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE MOUTHING OFF HERE?! I HAVE SUPERIORITY, AND BY THAT I MEAN I'M A HASHIRA! "

" Well then, I DON'T accept you as a Hashira! "

Well that's something you don't hear every day.

The Winter Hashira thought to himself, just hearing that sentence is enough to make the other Hashira riot in anger. Lots of screaming were involved in the situation, it's like 10 voices in one room.

After a huge argument of whether or not to bring Tanjiro and the others to do the mission instead of Aoi and the other girls, Tengen finally decided to replace them with Tanjiro and the other 2, Zenitsu and Inosuke.

" You know you could've had just listened to my plan and just discuss things out with them- "

Tengen's finger went over towards ( Y/n )'s lips, accompanied with the uncomfortable staring from the other 3.

" I did not asked for your opinion, darling, "

In all honesty, if he could, he would have already slapped Tengen in the face before his finger could even land on his lips.

Are these two even Hashiras?

Was the first thing that came to Zenitsu's head, not liking where the situation is going.

" So? Where are we going, geezer? "

Asked Inosuke, both of his hands on his hips as he waited impatiently for a response.

" To the most flamboyant place in all of Japan- "

" There's a demon in the Red Light District, "

The taller male glared at the other beside him, his ( e/c ) eyes looked up towards Tengen as his lips curl into a teasing smile.

×

" Got it? I'm God, you're the trash here, "

Here we go again...

The ( h/c ) haired male said, palming his face into his hand. Another reason why he prefer solo missions over teamed up missions. Zenitsu and him looked at each other in the eye, both of them silently agreeing the fact that this isn't gonna work out.

Tanjiro then raised his hand up, both Zenitsu and ( Y/n ) expected a good question from the boy, I mean, he is Kamado Tanjiro. He couldn't possibly say something ridiculous-

" What exactly do you rule over as a God? "

Both of them almost fell to the ground. Who would've knew Tanjiro would ask that type of question.

The whole thing went on after a few minutes, Tengen then turned his back as he told the 4 of them to follow him. At first they didn't see it a big of a deal, at least that's until Tengen literally went super speed away from them. Zenitsu was shocked honestly, already regretting this mission. Tanjiro and Inosuke were surprised at the speed of the Sound Hashira.

" It's okay, I know the way to the place. Though only until the entrance, "

" Why ( L/n )-San? "

" Crowded places make me have a headache, "

°°°
This is basically it. It isn't that much of a suspense chapter, just a chapter for laughs I guess-

And plus I did this WAY pass my bed schedule so it's kinda why there's some repeating words here and there.