Chapter 01: 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫

Wanted to start with this part of the story so, get ready✨

°°°

Giyuu, Shinobu, ( Y/n ). Please take part of this mission. The ranks are in a tight situation and we're loosing so many of them.

" I'm sure me and ( L/n )-San would do so, what about you Tomioka-San? You don't seem pleased, "

" Just because I'm not expressing anything doesn't mean I'd refuse a mission, "

( Y/n ). Is there anything you want to say?

" Nothing, Oyakata-Sama. I am willing to complete this mission if it's for your own good, "

Alright. Tonight the three of you shall depart. Please be safe.

" Yes, Oyakata-Sama, "

The three Hashiras said, bowing their heads as they left the scene.

" The sun is setting, shall we depart right now? "

The woman asked, her head lifted up to look at both of the taller males beside her. He sighed, holding onto his scarf and replied to the Insect Hashira.

" Let's go, "

×

The three went to the mountain, their footsteps were quiet as to not alert any wild demons in the area. The Hashira with a beautifully patterned haori looked up at the night sky, her purple eyes reflecting the moon's pale light. Her smile never faded from her face, she spoke up, her eyes still glued to the sky.

" The moon's beautiful, don't you think? "

" No one asked, "

The Hashira with ( h/c ) hair said, his footsteps quicken leaving the other two behind. Her eyes darken, staring at the back of the Hashira in front.

" Well I didn't ask you to answer me, didn't I? "

She shot back, though her words didn't cause him to slow down neither is he going faster, his pace was still the same. The lack of effect caused Shinobu to smile but this time, the smile showed annoyance. Giyuu fortunately, was glad that the other is taking care of the Insect Hashira, hopefully she wouldn't tease him this time.

He went into the forest, not surprised to see the bodies of their comrades from a distance. ( Y/n ) let out a sigh, his grip on his sword tightened.

Weak.

He muttered to himself as he continued to go further into the grove. So far he didn't spot a single threat in his path. He decided to check his surroundings, strings were scattered and wrapped around some of the slayers.

" Looks like the demon had some sort of string like powers, "

Along the way, he found a river that seems to lead to some sort of waterfall at the end, possibly. He decided to take a turn, the water leading him. To his surprise, he found a huge tree trunk between the edges of the river. At this moment, ( Y/n ) knew there was a fight in this part of the forest. Looking down, he also found some footprints, one that seems to be bigger than the other.