Prologue: 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

°°°

The moon graciously fills up the land with it's light, the unreachable stars twinkling into the night, the dark sky letting the moon shine brighter, the sounds of footsteps could be heard along with eyes that showed fright. A demon makes it's way to a hidden place, hoping not to be seen. Though to his misfortune his killer found him, decapitating his head without any words leaving his lips. It lasted for a few seconds before the murderer flees away to find more of his victims, his eyes shown nothing but emptiness, his mind only set on one thing which is his goal.

One after another, he beheaded many of the similar species, his haori and uniform wasn't stained in blood nor was it filthy from the dirt and grass in his way.

Before the demon causing this trouble could notice, the mysterious demon slayer had already swung his sword, making a clean cut and the sound of it's head falling ringed into his ears. He took off, going back to the others, he fulfilled his mission and all he need to do is to wait another.

°°°

Before you could ask whom this mysterious slayer is, he is one among the 10 Hashiras of the Demon Slaying Corps. Going by the name of ( L/n ) ( Y/n ), his family is well known for wielding the infamous Ice Breathing Techniques. ( Y/n ) is also known as the Winter Hashira or ' The Man Who Could Walk on Water, '. He's very quick in speed, his strength is phenomenal and his piercing gaze is something to be afraid of. What's even more surprising is that he killed at least 1 Lower Moon and ( almost ) finishing off two Upper Moons, while also having a record of killing over 500 demons.

( Y/n ) is often seen with a white haori with a blue gradient at the end of it, the small patterns of his haori resembled snowflakes and it's very warm in the inside, which is a huge advantage for snowy areas. He wore a dark blue scarf and some special snow boots. Now, what's special about his boots it's that if you pulled the handle behind it, there'll be small metal spikes underneath the boot which makes walking on ice easier for ( Y/n ).

No one would dare to make the Winter Hashira mad, not even the Hashiras themselves. ( Y/n ) is like a monster, a demon in the eyes of others, well, not that he really is a demon anyways.

Just like his overall Breathing Techniques and given name, he is very harsh like a winter's snowstorm, his words sting like a frostbite and his heart is cold like ice. Though having this type of behavior, he would never act such a way to his master, Kagaya Ubuyashiki or else called by the name of Oyakata-sama.

( Y/n ) respected his master to great heights, his voice are like some what close to a lullaby for ( Y/n )'s ears and his overall form is a piece of art in the eyes of the Winter Hashira.

Even though he seemed to really looked up to his master, he had some rather bad intentions with the others in the Demon Slaying Corps.

Whenever someone comes up to question him, he'd give out a ' go away ' or ' shut up '. He never liked being in crowded places either, it'd give him headaches and causing him to lose focus on a mission.

But it doesn't make others to stop admiring him. ( Y/n ) is the Winter Hashira after all, and also second strongest before the Stone Hashira. ( Y/n ) had good looks too, though no one would last a chance being the wife of him, knowing how toxic his words could be if you'd make a minor mistake.

What makes other demons so alerted is that ( Y/n ) is a rather... merciless person.

It didn't matter human or demon, woman or man, even if you're his own family, he would slaughter you without hesitation if you ever made any demon-like tendencies around him or the others.

He's cruel, heartless and frightening, which is why he's one among the 10 Hashiras and was very respected by those weaker than him.

°°°

( L/n ).

The voice of his master made the Winter Hashira, who is back from his mission, quickly went over towards the man waiting for him. He bowed, his knee resting on the rocky ground as the other supported his arm. Looking up, he could see his master smiling that warm smile, a smile that could make everyone's heart all fuzzy in the inside.

" How was your mission? Was it fun? "

" Yes, it was. I'm honored to have taken this mission, Oyakata-sama, "

He could hear the slight joy in the male's voice, which only he would notice. Ubuyashiki lended out his hand, telling ( Y/n ) to come inside and have a quiet moment with each other.

" I shouldn't be getting this much hospitality from you, Oyakata-sama, "

The Winter Hashira said, not wanting to disrupt his master's already peaceful night. Though the other just shake his head as he pour the tea into each of their cups. ( Y/n ) was a bit hesitant at first, but gradually drank the tea given to him.

Whenever ( Y/n ) comes back from a mission, Ubuyashiki would have a moment with him, asking him how he felt or if there's anything troubling him. The Hashiras are like his children, and a parent must always make sure their children is in good mental health. Even though it might not be true, Ubuyashiki is sure that there's something wrong with ( Y/n ), after all a person's past effects the person in the future.

" ( L/n ), if there is anything you want to talk about, just tell me, "

But of course the Winter Hashira would say no as he finishes his drink and went to his house.

( Y/n )'s house is nothing special, but the snowy surroundings of it is what makes it difficult to get to, which is why ( Y/n ) normally has snow boots on. He opens the door, giving out a sigh as he goes to his room.

As you can see, no one was waiting for ( Y/n ) home. His father died due to fighting a very strong upper moon demon while his mother had an illness due to the unforgiving cold, snowy weather.

Of course, ( Y/n ) wasn't that effected by their deaths but it did lead him to this point. All he knew was loneliness, the cold wind and the only sounds that accompanied him is his footsteps and the fire crackling. He flopped onto his bed, through the window the moon could be seen shimmering with the stars.

" Tomorrow is another day, "

°°°
I had ✨inspiration✨ while making this.