Chapter 29 - Not Welcomed

Lapis's Pov

We all waited in the patient area. Originally they weren't supposed to let us visit because we're not related to Peridot.
But after telling them that Peridot's parents are out of state, they let us wait. But only Peridot can tell who can come in.

My eyes were puffy. I've been crying all day.

All of this wouldn't have happened if I didn't fuck up.

This is my fault.

All my fault.

I felt Pearl wrap her arm around me in a comforting way.

"Hey...it's okay. She's fine now."

I wanted to believe her, but the thought of Peridot being in the hospital was stopping me.

What happened? What did she do?

Lots of thoughts were going through my head at that moment.

I just wanted to barge into that room and make sure myself that shes was fine.
But I couldn't.

Everything was quiet. All that could be heard was the doctors talking or the noise of moving equipment.

Shortly after, almost all of us stood up when a doctor came towards us. He had a clipboard with him.
He cleared his throat, and spoke.

"I'm happy to say that Peridot is now responsive, and well. We've taken a few tests to see if anything was possibly damaged.
She only has two fractured ribs and a broken arm. We also thought leaving her here for another day would be the best since we still haven't checked if any damage was done to the head."

I watched as Garnet walked up to the doctor and talked.

I sighed in pure relief. Finally I could relax.

After Garnet was done talking she walked back to us, taking a seat. We all gathered around, wanting answers.

Garnet took off her glasses, rubbing her eyes.
Either she was tired, or what she was about to say was bad news. And I really hoped it wasn't bad news.

"So what I've heard so far is that Peridot is fine now. As you guys heard, she only has fractured ribs and a broken arm. But she doesn't want anyone to enter her room."

No one?..."but why?" I asked.

Garnet shrugged. "She told the doctors to not let anyone in. The last person she let in was Pearl."

Everyone turned their heads to her.

She looked at us confused. "W-What..?"

"What happened!?" Everyone said.

Garnet settled all of us down. When we were calm, she let Pearl explain.

Pearl took a calm deep breath. "Look I'm just as worried as you guys okay?"

"Obviously but how did you find out Peri was in the hospital?" Jasper asked.

"I went over to her house hoping she would be there. Instead I found her door halfway open. At first I thought someone broke in, but when I Got the courage to enter I found empty bottles of alcohol on her floor."

She was drinking....

"Her car was also missing, so one thought came in mind."

No one said anything. All eyes were on Pearl.

Pearl sighed. "She drove intoxicated. She didn't make it very far. She lost control of the car, causing it to flip over. At least that's what I heard from the doctors, and cops."