thirty third chapter

Start from the beginning

the boy had began to dash through the group of people, pushing past a few girls and boys who stood in his way as he grabbed rowley, speed walking his way to the basement. the boy practically froze at the sight of rodrick dashing his way towards him. that was one advantage he had, rowley was terrified of the older heffley boy.

"not today, jefferson." rodrick snickered as he held onto rowley's shirt, as they both scampered their way to the basement where rodrick just knew greg was waiting.

and as he opened up the door, his assumptions were right. by the look on greg's face, he was surprised that his plans had gone to waste.

rodrick smirked deviously as he pushed rowley into the basement to join his lonely friend.

"nice try little bro!" he exclaimed, "but everything you thought! i already thinked it!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

parties were never really giselle's thing, but she was always down to attend one whenever she had her two best friends around

parties were never really giselle's thing, but she was always down to attend one whenever she had her two best friends around. zara and quinn made her feel confident and plus, a night out with them was just what she needed.

she was a little tired of watching reruns of old tv shows with her parents every weekend night. it was becoming too repetitive and quite frankly, it began to bore giselle.

plus, parties with zara and quinn were always a lot of fun. especially cause this time they got to raid quinn's closet, which was practically filled with clothes to die for. zara decided on wearing a white halter top, pairing it with low rise denim jeans and her white sneakers. she looked very 2000's chic. quinn wore a cropped purple top, pairing it with her denim skirt and converse, while giselle decided on keeping the same shirt she was wearing earlier; which was a green cropped long sleeved turtleneck pairing it with quinn's maroon mini skirt.

they looked fantastic and they felt pretty great too as they started to approach the heffley household. the sound of loud music and the hollers of teenagers becoming loud and clear to their ears.

giselle was beginning to feel like nothing could go wrong, until her feelings had started to feel a sudden change. the inside of her stomach had began to flutter with..butterflies? was she starting to feel a little nervous? she questioned in her mind, as her palms started to sweat a little at the thought of rodrick heffley being somewhere inside that very house.

was she excited to see him? they'd started talking over the last few weeks, and now here she was acting like a little school girl who was seeing their crush for the first time. that's the last thing she wanted, to feel as if she was developing a crush!

"giselle?" quinn questioned, looking at her best friend in confusion.

giselle was snapped from her thoughts, now feeling a buzzing sensation in the back of her pocket. her phone had been ringing and she didn't even notice.

"oops," she chuckled, grabbing her cellular device from her pocket and answering the call not bothering to check the caller ID. "hell—"

"—GISELLE!" the mysterious caller exclaimed, cutting her off.

the piercing tone of their voice scared the girl and she had begun to feel a little panicked. "who is this?" she asked.

"it's.. it's rowley," he stammered, sounding a little embarrassed to call her.

rowley? giselle questioned, she'd never thought he'd ever call her for anything. she had given him her number during work hours but the boy always looked like he knew what he was doing with things, and she never thought he'd ever need her help. "are you okay?" she asked, hoping he wasn't in any kind of trouble.

zara and quinn both give her a concerned look.

"i need your help," he explains, "i'm stuck."

"stuck?" giselle repeated, still a little confused. "where?"

"in a basement." rowley sighed.

"where rowley?" she elaborated, hoping the boy would be more specific.

"at the heffley's house."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••