Valory in the Jack Frost

Presenting you my work- which is very close to my heart and one of my best creations according to me. Do let me know if you think the same. ❤

[Have secured 1st rank in a contest held by BlueStarCommunity

[Have secured 1st rank in a contest held by BlueStarCommunity. In addition, my group- 'Quintet Tinkers' also secured 1st rank in the same contest, and you guys should read their amazing entries as well. I'm providing the link here.]

________∆|∆________

"Help me!" My lips quivered and a sob menaced to choke off my voice. Although, I summoned all my strength to yell as loud as I can, hoping that it would be audible to the world outside the icy summit but unfortunately it bobbed up as a mere whisper, emitting fog that swirled from my mouth, everytime I cried for help before disappearing in the icy appearance.

Being struck deep inside the snow for hours, the dilution of my muscular physique took it's place. But that didn't cause my outer appearance to shrink, not even a size of atom instead only my inner system was frailing with passing time.

And soon enough, my body hung as a dead one, paralysed and rigid in cold icy summit which according to the usual weather said -40 degree Celsius but with every cells freezing in my body, it told a complete different story of -100 degree Celsius.

Siachen Glacier! The place which once I promised to protect at any cost, now terrorised me. As, a soldier I feared nothing. But, this vast expanse of snow suffocated me as I struggled to inhale, to exhale, to do anything. If it wasn't the bubble trap I was struck in- bottling up oxygen, I wouldn't have even lasted for two hours.

I don't know what time it was, what day it was and what hour it was on the earth as I layed deep below the summit— numb and cold. It felt like, I was swimming in a parallel universe where there is nothing but a lone figure of myself and the demons of fear trying hard to possess me just to push me into an inexplicable coma.

The pain was unbearable and not even a single joint in my body was movable but call it a worst thing or the best, I was ALIVE! Everytime I thought the pain has reached its acme and that it won't gain momentum as time passes but to the worse side, it was everlasting. In the life and death struggle, only the glimmer of hope to see my family and to get a chance to bid a proper farewell to them kept me sane, making it the best. Struck at estimated 40 feet below the ice surface, everything just seemed zoned out, expending my strength as one in a nightmare, fights an irresistible force.

The memories burned inside me, keeping me oblivious of the surroundings. The panic was no more and the pain seemed less. I let my body relax and the efforts ceased. All hopes were drained but something kept me up to battle with my death— a promise. Promise made to my son, that I would built a snow fort with him, once I return home. Though, the promise was false as I couldn't take away the shine of hope which twinkled in his eyes when he asked me to promise him, but if you ask me, I would battle till the very end to make it come true. At least, if we meet in heaven, I could at least say, I tried.

Everything just turned so quite and peaceful. Blackness swept all over my brain but no this is not the end. I wanted to give my son thousand reasons to be proud, while saying- Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Kopad was his brave father who struggled, and not the one who died, after an avalanche hit their military camp.

________∆|∆_______

I hope you liked it! ❤

If you did, please-please-please drop a comment down and hit like! *yuhuu*

Tata!!

~Sky.