𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟽: 𝙶𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚜

Börja om från början

One ducked under another one of James' limbs as it crashed into a shop and forced her way against the strong winds to the middle of the street. She pushed aside the fear that was shaking her limbs and stood tall before her foe, her tiny figure almost glowing against the backdrop of his giant, shadowy form. "I can't let you do that," she said determinedly with a fixed look on her face.

"I'm no longer giving you a choice."

One felt a particularly strong gust of air blow past her and turned her head sharply when a brick exploded into dust against the wall behind her. One's eyes traced the direction the brick had come from and at the end of the path she found Eleven with her arm extended out towards her and a drop of blood pooling on her upper lip.

"El, El, listen to me," One begged. Another brick narrowly missed her head but she was able to duck just in time. "He's controlling you, you can push past this!"

Eleven didn't respond and One watched in shock as her sister raised a piece of cement the size of a car from one of the buildings that had crumbled into pieces over her head. One's eyes widened and she prepared herself for the imminent impact, but before Eleven could hurl the deadly mass towards her, one of James' limbs slammed into the ground inches away from One. She fell to the pavement just as Eleven pushed the giant cement block towards her and it flew into the theatre, which immediately caved in on itself in a loud explosion of dust and debris. The letters from the marquee scattered on the ground and spelled a new message: "hated".

"Please, El, it's me!" One implored. She was still splayed out on the ground and Eleven was moving closer to her, her hazel eyes glowing with an unfamiliar fire that burned everything in its sight. "It's your sister!"

"Give up, One," James' voice once more entered One's head. "You and your sister will be merged with me and together we will find the Diagonal and use its inhabitants to rule every dimension in existence."

"Never!" One yelled.

"Now, who shall go first?" James asked, ignoring One's cries of disapproval. "Eeny, meeny, miny...Eleven."

"No!" One screamed and watched in horror as Eleven stopped moving towards her and instead turned towards the Mind Flayer. With every step Eleven took, One could feel her heart beating in her throat.

One of James' limbs slowly lifted from the ground and began to hover over Eleven. Eleven just stood calmly underneath the chaos enveloping itself around her, not even flinching when random debris that got sucked into the cyclone struck her. One tried to force herself to her feet but the strong winds coming from the Mind Flayer kept pushing her back down. She tried to open a portal beneath Eleven's feet but the debris circling around Eleven made it difficult to focus on a spot. She was powerless to save Eleven...or was she?

One thought back to her previous fight with James in the Lab and how her own electricity had stopped James' control over her. Would it work on others as well? "Sorry El," One whispered to herself as she channeled the energy within her and thrust it towards Eleven.

The blast of energy latched onto Eleven and she fought against the blue currents convulsing her body to remain standing until she eventually gave in and collapsed to the ground.

One held her breath waiting for Eleven to move as what felt like an infinite amount of time passed by. Had she used too much electricity on her? Had she killed her own sister?

"What have you done?" James asked in surprise, his swirling limb freezing in place over Eleven's crumpled body.

"Come on, El...come on, El..." One whispered to herself, her eyes watching Eleven's figure intently for any sign of life.