𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝟸: 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚙

One dropped through a portal that landed her in the woods

One dropped through a portal that landed her in the woods. She would have gotten lost in the monotony of the trees had Diane not informed her about where she was going. One wanted to hope that she had arrived in the right time and location because her portals were finally listening to her again, but it was more likely that the portals had a pre-determined course that she had finally become privy to.

One's boots crunched through the snow, leaving ghosts of themselves in their wake, until she found where she was supposed to go.

Hopper's cabin.

One slipped around the backside of the building, careful to avoid windows and to keep her ears open for the tenants inside. At this point in time, her past self, Eleven, and Hopper were waiting in the living room for Steve to arrive and take her past self on their date. Even though the date had already come and gone for One, she still felt the same butterflies that she had felt then as she crept around looking for the shed.

The shed loomed into sight and One made a dash for it when she felt the coast was clear. She quickly and quietly shut herself inside before rummaging through the contents it held. In order to complete her mission, she needed a few tools first.

After collecting what she needed, One moved around the rest of the cabin with her back pressed to the wall until her eyes settled on her intended prize: Hopper's truck.

One took a deep breath and triple-checked the windows before she made one last beeline. Luckily, the part of the truck she needed access to was on the side that faced away from the cabin.

One used the wheels to cover her feet and ducked below the line of the windows as she popped open the fuel door, twisted off the gas cap, and inserted a long rubber tube inside. She fought back repulsion as she placed the other end of the tube in her mouth and deeply inhaled until the thick, black liquid inside the tank reached her taste buds. She immediately spat out the gas that had filled her mouth and yanked the tube from her lips to the bucket at her feet.

One carefully peeked her eyes above the truck window to check that there was still no movement as the gas siphoned into the bucket. Once the flow slowed to a drip, One removed the tube, grabbed the bucket, and snuck away back into the woods that she had came from. However, in her haste, she forgot to put the gas cap back on and shut the fuel door.