𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷: 𝚂𝚙𝚢 𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙰𝚠𝚛𝚢

Hopper lasted exactly thirty-six minutes and eleven seconds before he decided he was going to spy on One and Steve's date

"Wanna go get ice cream?" Hopper asked Eleven, who was watching TV in the living room. She eagerly nodded her head and hopped up from the couch to grab her coat.

Hopper and Eleven hummed along to ABBA in the truck as they cruised down the main road towards downtown Hawkins. Eleven watched the snow-capped buildings pass by in a blur until something occurred to her.

"Passed ice cream?" Eleven asked as she turned to look at Hopper.

"Yeah, um, I thought we'd check out the one in town," Hopper answered.

"One by Enzo's...?" Eleven asked suspiciously. 

"Oh, um, is it?" Hopper scratched his chin nervously and tried to avoid Eleven's inquisitive gaze. "I completely forgot about that."

"Family trusts each other," Eleven reminded Hopper with an arched brow and a knowing look.

"Of course I trust One--Sarah," Hopper corrected himself. It was going to take a little bit to get used to that. "Steve on the other hand..."

"But you liked Steve."

"I did until he started liking my daughter."

Eleven rolled her eyes. This attitude was all too familiar to her, having witnessed Hopper act the same way towards Mike several times.

Hopper caught the eye roll and the look of disappointment in his peripheral vision and decided to explain himself. "I'm just a little upset that she's spending our first night as a family with a boy instead of us."

"Lots of time to be family," Eleven countered.

"But I've already lost so much time with her," Hopper argued with a tremor in his voice. He looked away as he felt a tear build up in his eye.