[ ✧*̥₊˚‧ 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 ]

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐮𝐝

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

- ' ✧ ' -

> ready player one?

> r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶?̶

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 for a certain boy to come out. checking the time you squinted at the bright light, "its 10:30 so where is he?" you figured he mightve forgotten, of maybe he even went to sleep again. your train of thought was broken when you heard footsteps behind you, a slightly disheveled kenma bounded down the stairs towards you. smiling a little you stood up to greet him. he was practically drowning in an over-sized hoodie as he stood in front of you.

"oh- kenma. i was starting to think you forgot or something-"

"i was waiting on that pain-in-the-ass to fall asleep.

you laughed, "which one? are we talking kuroo or lev?" taking a seat again, you watched as he occupied the spot next to you, shoulders practically touching, "lev." you nodded,

"whatcha wanna do?"

smiling you hesitantly grabbed his hand before taking off down the sidewalk again. a comfortable silence settled while walking, the only illumination was the dull streetlights. you hadnt really had time to settle your feelings for a certain fake blonde. even though you were hopeful of him returning the feelings, rejection sat comfortably in the back of your mind. rejection was something everyone risks when telling someone they loved them. it weighs on relationships, acceptance is great, but things never go back to normal no matter how hard you try if they say 'no'.

"have you picked a university yet, y/n?"

you were a few steps ahead of him, hands still clasped together,

"ive thought about it- ah, youre only a second year huh, ko?" he nodded, he wouldnt admit it but he really liked the way your hand fit with yours. "ah, yeah-" a bright smile appeared on your face as you continued to peek over your shoulder, "lets pick one together! then next year you wont have to worry about it and we could be together!"

'together huh? thats a nice word.'

"yeah. thatd be nice." a tinge of sadness was hidden in his voice, with you and kuroo shipping off to university in the following year, kenma would still be in high school, his closest friends gone. "hey kenma?" his eyes darted up to yours,

"what'd you think of the protagonist in that romance manga you bought?"

shooting you a confused look you laughed a little, "just answer the question!" he sighed "uh- well she was dense as hell-" rolling your eyes you kept a smile, "no! not that! i was meaning more about what she said in the beginning- 'what you lose, you can have again.'"

"its just a quote."

"a good quote! sure- you think youre losing your friends this year! but, i guarantee that youll be able to make new ones!"

"i dont think youre using a quote like that correctly."

"then why would you have me, such an intellectual, help you with your damn english-literature homework?"

"good question y/n, ill find a new study partner."

you dramatically gasped as a small smile took place on his lips, "i made you smile ko! you have a really nice smile ya know!" you glanced at your pocket as you saw the screen illuminate-

txt this number for chemistry hw answers!

11:30

> bring kenma back pls.

> pls ma'am we have practice tomorrow- 

👁👁<

> tell him his 5'7" ass is running suicides tomorrow if he doesnt get here in 15 mins 

wtf is wrong with you. <

"uh- ko?"

"hmm?"

"how do you feel about running uh- suicides?"

he eyes widened a bit, handing over your phone he rolled his eyes, typing out a reply,

✨🦋🕊🌸jump high tomorrow at practice! ✨🦋🕊🌸 preferably off a bridge 🌸✨🕊<

"KENMA-" he laughed a little, turning back in the direction of the school yet again-  "walk back with me?" smiling fondly at him you caught up with him, slinging an arm around his shoulder,

"of course!"

- ' ✧ ' -

authors note!

hi- so uh, this is my horrible excuse for giving you a filler chapter! i know this chapter want really anything exciting- and thats partially due to my own dumbass self feeling pressured to update and not having anything thought out- i promise that ill try and improve for the next chapter! im sorry if i dont update frequently! i am a student and i am very busy sometimes! so yeah! sorry abt this horrible chapter! if yall wanna give me ideas im open to anything!

^^ nope. og was just f'ing lazy. and horribly unfunny.