Chapter 20

Retreat day!

I woke up a little early para sa last minute checking ng mga kelangan for the retreat. 4AM hits my clock and here I am trying to wake my soul with a cup of hot caramel macchiato on my hand.

"Zakeisha, did you check your list and thing?" Mom asked as she ride on the car.

"Calm darling. Keish is a girl scout. Laging handa yan." Dad said as he starts the engine.

Good thing that I have today is that my parents will send me off for the retreat. Knowing how busy my parents are specially my mom, nakuha pa nilang ihatid ako sa school.

When we arrived at school, most of the council members are gathered on the coaster. Ms. Meg noticed our car and waved to us. Pagkababa, my mom and dad tagged along when I was approaching the gang.

"Good morning Mr & Mrs. Araullo." Ms Meg politely said.

"Good morning too Ms. Meg. We just send Zakeisha off since hindi na kami nakakapag usap masyado sa bahay. We just want to formally ask you to look after her." Mom said with that small smile on her face.

"No problem Ma'am. It is an honored and privilege to have Keish on my wings." And she tapped my shoulder.

"Just have a little patience. Medyo maingay lang po talaga sya. Hyperactive and observant. Hahaha." Dad joked that earned small laughter on our group.

Mom turned to me and kissed my cheek. "Enjoy and be well". And hugged me not so tightly.

"Wag mamboys anak. You know the rule." Dad kissed me as well and hugged me. "Love you, my Keisha." And they both went off leaving me with that smile on my face.

I was still savoring the moment when Irish pinched my cheek.

"Good morning, Ms. President. Good mood?" And she pulled me to the coaster where the teachers will ride.

"Nagjack en poy kami ni Carrie kanina, kung sino ang magkakaroon ng freedom to choose. Ang Section 2 ba or 3. And gues what?" Irish even wiggle her brows, "I won so pede tayo sa bus 1 magkakasama. Hahahahaha."

"That's so madaya kaya! You said andito sina Geoff eh wala naman." And Carrie blushed.

"So umaamin ka na nga na crush mo si Geoff?" Irish teased her. "Uyyyyyy. Nagbablush ang babae!" And they continued to tease each other habang nagchecheck ako ng list ng mga participants.

I already texted Best that I reserved a seat for her beside me. Kasi habang nadami ang mga tao, it l be hard to look for a seat. Good thing I have the privilige.

"Keish, you go on to the bus 1 muna. Check the permits and the waivers okay before allowing them to ride the bus." Ms. Meg said as she walk to a familiar car parked on the sideways.

I went on to the bus and placed my bag on th designated chair for us. As soon as the clock hits 5AM, unti unti na dumadating ang mga classmates ko. One of the early risers is Calix and Axel who chose to be seated on our bus.

"Good morning Keish." They both greeted me. I smiled and checked their names in the list.

"Morning. Waivers please?" And they handed me over their permits.

"Did you have breakfast na?" Calix asked as he stood beside me.

"Hmm if one cup of caramel macchiato will be considered breakfast then I guess so?" I replied trying to joke.

"W-wait. I'll grab you a sandwich." And he pulled Axel to the nearest 7Eleven near the school.

"Best!" And she greeted me with a smile.