XXXVI

We were reading our own notes when our orders came.

"...and Vanilla for Cassandra. Thank you." Said by the waitress and left.

We reached for our drinks and continued reading.

I was seating at the middle.

Zayn and Julian were beside me while the couple was sitting in front of each other. (Iwas distraction na rin daw pero magkahawak pa rin ang kamay ng dalawa.)

I was sipping my Vanilla Frappe when the flavor reminds me of Mom.

I really missed her. Sure, She chat me everyday saying she's fine but I can't help myself to be bothered about the lawyer that I saw.

Is she even okay being there?

"Cas. Explain this for me." Julian commanded.

We heard Zayn laughed a little.

"Ignore Zayn. So here..." I told Julian and explained one of his subject to him.

After, I went back to my notes and Zayn poked me at my arm.

I glanced at him and he put his jacket on my legs.

"What's this for?" I asked because the temperature inside the cafe isn't even that cold

"The group of guys nearby was taking pictures of us kanina pa at kanina ko lang na-realize na naka-skirt ka pala." I was speechless and just nod at him.

Napatingin naman ako kay Julian na tumayo at pinuntahan ang sinasabi ni Zayn.

Hindi namin masiyadong marining ang usapan nila.

We can only see some actions. Julian reached all the guys phones aggressively. He's doing something at each phone and went back to us.

Nakita rin namin kung gaano kabilis umalis ng mga lalaking iyon.

"What did you do?" Tanong ko nang makaupo na siya sa tabi ko.

"Wala. Let's keep on reviewing." He answered.

Sakto namang nag-ring ang phone ko.

"Kaninong phone 'yun? I thought we agreed to shut our all f*cking phone down-" Zayn was furious and looking at Julian who's calm and still reading.

"A-Akin yun, Zayn. I'm sorry." Sambit ko. Excuse me." at lumabas.

Laking tuwa ko ng marinig ang boses ni Mommy.

"Hi, Sweetie! I'm sorry that I couldn't chat you earlier. I was really stressed out because of the trial-"

"Trial? What trial?"

"Did I say Trial? What I meant is Trail, Train? Like the subway. I'm really stressed out because of the amount of people."

"Why are you taking the train when you can take your car instead?"

I was waiting for her to speak.

"I knew it! Something's wrong. What happened?!"

"It's nothing serious, hun. Just stay calm and I promised that I will tell you every single details when I get back, Okay?"

"No, I'm not going to stay calm knowing that my Mom is involved in something serious."

Nagmamadali na naman siyang nagpaalam saakin.

Bumalik ako sa loob at umupo ulit.

"Sino 'yun?" Catherine asked.