Chapter 28- Home

The word "home" had taken on a new meaning. Over the span of my life, the word home had belonged to many people and places, some of whom would never realize it. It was a word that held so much power and significance in my life.

From my parents...

to my people and Chandrila...

to Kylo and our new home....

to this.

Kylo was without a doubt my permanent home and my safety. He was the peace and tranquility I could forever count on in this unbearable world we lived in. And with the addition of our new home, it felt like the word couldn't belong to anything else but him.

But this, whatever this was took the cake.

It was foreign and odd; it didn't feel quite right. But at the same time, it felt like it was destined for me, that my sole purpose in the world was this. It was the euphoria I did not know still existed in this world, the answer to the questions I asked for years. The most precious gift I could ever ask for...

• Four Hours Prior •

—————————————————————————

"Kylo, it's beautiful!" I said awestruck.

We had finally landed on Takodana, a forest planet that had been neutralized after a horrible attack a while back. The greenery was overflowing, reminding me of the planet I left behind. Kylo had apparently made arrangements before we left that he didn't tell me about.

It was a small cottage he had bought for us in exchange for just a few bits of First Order information he gave to the owner. His ability to pull some strings with the remains of his former position was a blessing in disguise.

"Is it okay? I wanted to surprise you and I know it's not the best, but I just thought it would be a good starter for us," he said worriedly, as if I wouldn't like it.

"No, it's even better than I could imagine, almost like the homes on Chandrila. Seriously, I love it. Almost as much as I love you," I said turning to him and reaching up on my tiptoes to wrap my arms around his neck. He kissed me gently and picked me up.

"Stop stop!" I laughed. The way he picked me up with such ease amazed me, I felt weightless in his arms. But I suddenly started to feel sick to my stomach.

"Wait Kylo, put me down please," I asked again with a change of tone.

"Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" he asked concerned as he put me down. I didn't have time to respond and clenched my stomach with my hands, turning away quickly.

"I'm going to be sick," was all I could muster out as I emptied my stomach into the forest. He rushed to hold my hair back as I tried to clean myself up.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, I'm never sick. I don't know what's up with me," I apologized, embarrassed that the one time I was sick he was right by me.

"Don't apologize, I'm worried about you. What's going on?"

He ran his hand across my forehead to feel if I was warm. Not feeling anything, he pressed his hand against my back slightly as he walked with me into the cottage. Once inside, he sat me down and I felt my stomach settle.

"Nothing's wrong, I'm sure it was just a one-time deal. No worries, okay?" I said offering a small smile. Surely it was just an isolated incident, I would be fine. People get sick all the time, right?