Chapter 6- Olive Branch

I rubbed my eyes and stared at the metal ceiling.

     It had been days now. I had no idea how many, but I knew I had been trapped in here for far longer than I ever could have imagined. The days were blurring together now, each one a copy of the day before it.

     After waking up, I went and sat at my door again like I did every day. I would wait there for hours hoping I'd overhear conversation from outside. I was beside myself wishing for any type of social interaction.

     I finally heard a conversation and footsteps coming near my door about an hour after being served breakfast, if you could even call it that. It was Kylo again, I could spot those footprints anywhere. The fear he set off in people was very noticeable to anyone strong with the Force.

     "Ren, we can't stay here forever. You have orders from the Supreme Leader and the girl to destroy."

     I noticed the voice as General Hux and knew he was holding back just how irked he was. He was desperate to please their Supreme Leader.

    "You report to me. We are stationing here until I find the girl and kill her. That's final," Ren replied mechanically, indicating that his mask was on.

     I could hear Hux walk away, his heeled boots harshly hitting the metal floor with his annoyance. It seemed as though Kylo always had his mask on down here as the voice modulator was audible each time even through the door. How annoying.

     He suddenly approached my door, and I scrambled back to my cot so he wouldn't know I was listening.

     Kylo entered at once.

     "You. Up now. You're released."

     I was shocked.

     Not only shocked that he came at all, but more so that I was actually being released. I was sure they were going to keep me here until Kylo killed me. Then again, I had no real reason for being held captive, I didn't even do anything. Maybe they finally realized that.

     Nevertheless, I was thankful and tried to offer an olive branch. As he turned to walk out, I said only in a whisper, "Thank you."

     He stopped in his tracks. His hands rolled into fists as his anger started to boil over. He was enraged, furious. I said the wrong thing.

     I really said the wrong thing.

     "What did you just say?"

     He turned around and was suddenly inches from my face as he forcefully grabbed me and pinned me against the wall.

     "Nothing, I said nothing!" I cried; my voice nearly breaking.

     "You do not thank me for anything. I could kill you right now for just saying that."

     His hands clasped tighter around my throat as my breathing was almost entirely restricted. I felt my feet coming off the floor and knew if he tightened even just a little bit more, for even a minute longer, I would die.

     His energy was filled with so many conflicting emotions. The most prominent being rage, but there was something else...was it lust? I had never sensed it before and couldn't depict it so easily.

     My eyes started to shut as I felt my brain starting to slow down. I was giving in to death. Just when I thought I was really going to die, he suddenly dropped me. I had sunk to the floor, gasping for breath. I was limp on the ground, too exhausted to move.

     "You submit to me and my rules. I order this planet now."

     As I looked at his mountainous figure standing above me, all I could think about was him. Not the Kylo Ren him, the real him. I was desperately hoping he was somewhere still under there, under the cowl and mask and demeanor. As much as I wanted to believe that he was this villainous and horrendous man, and his actions did prove that he was, I still could not shake the memories of us as children.