R O U N D - 13.

Depuis le début

Blood.

Her tiny frame trembled in fear and the corner of her eyes shone from brimmed tears.

She stood outside her room, her blonde strands were sticky from all the sweat she had generated and her finger constantly pointed at something that was inside her room.

Ella sprinted in the Queen's direction, pushing past the terrified maids and the royal guards, for a closer inspection.

Her heartbeat had dramatically flared in response to the events she had just witnessed.

What does blood on a Queen's nightgown and her horrified expressions tell you?

It tells you that perhaps someone had bled furiously and died.

If it wasn't the Queen's blood on the bed, then it was obviously of the one not standing beside her.

The King.

Ella's breath had hitched, panic rose within her.

He couldn't be back over-night uninformed right?

He can't be dead.

He is the reason why Ella had risked her life and pulled so many daring moves.

He is not "allowed" to die after everything that happened.

She wouldn't let him.

Ella had almost bumped past the Queen when she got to her room, her orbs circled it in frenzy and silent prayers engulfed her heart. Be anyone but him.

Anyone but him.

Ella remembered how she concealed her chuckles at the sight this early morning, she pulled the arrow back and let it go in one swift motion.

The arrow flew to the shooting target, it revolved occasionally in the air before it stuck right on the red spot.

Exactly in the middle.

Bullseye.

A small smile played on Ella's lips as she lowered her bow.

There was a dead body in the King's and the Queen's shared bedroom this morning.

But not that of a king.

But that of a bird.

A black crow.

A dead black crow.

Its little feathers scattered on the bed, torn and ripped apart from its fragile frame.

Left behind were its bleak, beady eyes open in a haunting nightmare, which caused Ella to avert her own.

The stench of the rotting corpse nearly made her hurl.

The bloody stream by its neck dried into purplish-ruby flakes, staining the silk cream-yellow bed sheets and pillowcases into a bright scarlet.

"Quite the shot you have there."

A masculine voice chirped from behind, Ella snapped out of her trance and whipped her head back.

Prince Theodore.

He clapped his hands together while observing the arrow that had not dodged its target by even the slightest.

An identical Longbow was suspended on his shoulder as well, he had ditched his regular black overalls for loose brown pants and a tightly fitted sleeves shirt, perfectly structuring his well-built muscles.

His hands and fingers were bare of any accessories this time.

Even in an attire that was similar to the commoners, his aura was regal.