R O U N D - 7

Ella placed her hand on the cold metallic door-knob, her disheveled curly stands sticking to her neck from all the sweat she discharged and her lips, ajar

Ella placed her hand on the cold metallic door-knob, her disheveled curly stands sticking to her neck from all the sweat she discharged and her lips, ajar. She was panting gravely, fulfilling her drained body's dire need for oxygen.

She slid down the door behind her and tried to brush down the creases and wrinkles that now graced her cherished navy blue dress.

Ella closed her tired eyes and laid her head on the paneled wooden surface as her mouth let out a deep, lasting sigh. Her quivering hands reached out to her aching bare feet, pressing down on them to ease the stabbing pain.

She recalled all the past events, like a record stuck in an old, rusty gramophone on repeat.

Her mind harked back to Prince Theodore who started dragging her by the elbow, up the stairs, to his room where he was temporarily staying, after his absurd "victory" speech.

To which Ella resisted with all her might, of course, her feet extensively stomped on the marbled floor as she tried to snub-off Prince Theodore's slender fingers that held on to her like a dying man holding on to his dear life.

Her frail attempts, this time too, were met with defeat as Prince Theodore smirked on Ella's inadequate strives to free herself of his iron-grip.

This did make Ella realize that Prince Theodore was strong beyond-belief, the first time that she got a whiff of his incredible strength was when he detached the sword right out of her hands in one blow, back in that tournament.

The mere thought of it alone caused her to smack even harder on his muscular hand that latched on her.

The second demonstration of his force was a few moments ago when that small dart hurled by him, pierced through her rigid earring and stuck to the wall.

Ella was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of her dismantled piece of jewelry when Princess Irene threw it across the hall in a frenzy and fell on the ground, clutching the fabric of her white gown.

For the first time in her life, Ella found Princess Irene and herself a tad bit similar.

With the way her round eyes reddened and brimmed with uncontrollable tears and sorrow and her tinted lips firmly bitten in her pearly white teeth to refrain from making out any sort of noise that would portray her as a thin-skinned human being.

Princess Irene's current miserable situation reminded Ella of her mother when she died. She was the only streak of twilight in her otherwise gloomy town, immersed in never-ending nightfall. Maybe Prince Theodore was as important to Princess Irene as her mother was to Ella.

The sad idea of it caused her brows to knit together in regret as a small chunk of her worn-out heart sympathized with Princess Irene's wounded one.

What pissed Ella off the most was when she felt the floor lift beneath her feet, her arms and eyes now facing the staircase and Prince Theodore's rock-hard back. Her mouth hung open in perplexity and her orbs almost falling out.