🕺CHAPTER TWO💃

In a bid to make sure I post tonight, I might have rush things a bit.😏 Be a dear and point out any error. I love you all!❤️

Calm down grace, you’ve got this. She told herself as the car pulled off the street. Her plan was simple, get the boy, find a way to dodge the heavy traffic, and skedaddle back to her car. And she secretly wished they’d live happily ever after till she would have to bring Jesse back for another school session.

“Okay Angela,” she told the sales girl who happens to be the most resourceful in all matters babies, “you just wait here with Victor and I’d be right back.” Angela was sitting at the back seat with a seven-month old laid on her chest, thankfully, blissfully asleep. Grace hoped he would remain so. Her eyes were still droopy from last night vigil. Parenting sucks!

“Okay Antie.”

Grace had just thrown the door open when the almighty yell started. She groaned, frustrated as she carried the boy from the bewildered girl’s lap and started making ridiculous sounds to calm him, “Alright dearie, calm down…” she was saying among other cheesy words she could contrive just to get the boy’s squalling, yet adorable pink mouth shut.

There is no way I can carry you across the road, then walk to the school to get your brother! She wanted to tell the boy, but since when were children known to understand anyone but themselves. She reached for her bag, which contained a nightmarish jumble of uncountable baby things, a jingle, toy phone, a feeding bottle, extra dippers, paracetamol syrup (just in case), baby clothes and underwear—not a single thing in the bag was hers. Not a space was left for her. Perfect picture of my life! When she heard the crinkle of a paper wrap she knew she had struck gold. “look, lollipop.” She told the boy who instantly calmed down, she unwrapped it quickly and gently placed it in his open mouth. The boy began to suck and thankfully, he couldn’t scream with such enormous piece in his little piehole. Grace sighed.

The baby was reluctant to get back to Angela, but when the girl showed that she now had control of the lolipop stick, he just had to follow. Not without a murmur of protest, and a side look that Grace had taken to mean that her tricks were not lost on the boy.

Immediately the girl turned round to the deeper shade of the tree under which she had parked, Grace took her cue—the moment she was off baby Victor’s sight—she ran for it. Past two blocks, then the congested road, her ear still listening for the boy’s scream which thankfully never came. Thanks Angela.

Traffic was chaos in motion in that part of town, too many cars and too little space to pass. Far down at the junction stood two sweating traffic warden. The road was so congested it was hard for her to pass between cars lined bumper to bumper. She figured she’d have to take the second gate out of the school, get a tricycle to spare them the heat, then back to the street where her car was parked. All this must happen before any one has reason to complain about a strange car, or worse a parking ticket.

Her phone rang, she couldn’t read the screen but the first sound that came told her who it was: Susan.

Susan didn’t only come to pester her about ‘McRaymond’ the other night. She brought news, good news actually. Her fiancé’s bar just won a motherlode case, and suddenly he had enough to splurge on a vacation, and plan a wedding. The news came alongside the promise that Angela will scrounge up whatever she can to help Grace in the matters of a certain debt.

“Hey, girl.” She answered, “How’s dubai.”

She had to watch the road as she walked pedestrian. “Dubai is great!” Susan responded with glee, “remains my first choice consumer paradise! Dennis says hi. Remember that Jenifer Lopez outfit we talked about?”