Chapter 4

I squinted at the harsh bright light coming from the window of Saul's bedroom, stinging my eyes.

"6:30 am" I muttered as I read the time.

"Saul, up up, we have school, up!" I frantically toss his curly hair all over his once peaceful face.

"I dropped out! I'm done with waking up early Dipper!" He muffled his speech by covering his face with a pillow.

I sighed as I quietly walked to the closet where I kept my clothes. It was almost scary how close Saul and I were, I always had some of my clothes at his house and he had some of his clothes at my house. I pulled out a Dead Kennedys shirt and baggy torn jeans.

Walking into the bathroom, I dumped my clothes on the toilet seat and began to change. I combed my hair and brushed my teeth before heading out for school, I already know it's going to be different without Saul.

\m/\m/\m/

"Hey Sallas, where's your pubehead boyfriend?" I heard a voice jeer behind me at lunch.

"Where's your common sense? Because if you had any, you wouldn't be wasting your breath." I heard 'oooohhh's coming from people nearby, and I turned my head slightly to see who I just snapped at.

Donovan.

I knew that he was stupid, but this time I felt like I was going to snap his neck. He always thought of Saul as a bum, a waste of space just because he wasn't anything like the snobby prick Donovan was.

"Just because Saul isn't here doesn't mean no one will defend him. As long as I'm around, hold back your insults about my best friend."
I got up and quickly walked away, I didn't want to hear anymore of Donovan's remarks.

When lunch ended, I walked to my next class, English, which I would normally have with Saul, but now I had to walk through the hallway alone. I entered the class and sat in my regular seat, the seat to my left empty and quiet.

"Hmm, this spot seems to be empty, care if I sit with you?" Donovan's voice chirped.

"Piss off. The seat's taken."
I growled, dumping my messenger bag on Saul's chair.

The rest of the school day went fine, honestly I felt empty at the end of the day, but I looked forward to going home.

I walked down the familiar street and reached the green lawn that belonged to my house, I knocked on the door and waited for Gramps to answer. The door opened slowly, almost ominously, as Gramps stuck his head out to look down at me.

"I forget how short you are." He chuckled, "How was school today? I heard Slasher dropped out, did you pound that Don kid?" I giggled at my grandfather, for some reason he wasn't like other granddads, he still jokes around like a teenager.

"Nah, just sassed back. How'd you know Saul dropped out?" I haven't told him yet, so how did he know?

"His grandma called, pissed as hell. She also asked if we could trade grandkids." I looked at Gramps with shock, even though I was used to Saul's grandma being angry.

"Alright Dipper. Sit down. I want to talk." Gramps sat down at the dinner table, gesturing me to sit down. I silently sat down and gestured for Gramps to speak.

"Now, you're 16, I dropped out to join the army when I was 16, don't join the army. I think you're a responsible woman, heck, it's 1983, you have your rights. I'm going to give you something, that I have said I would give you over my dead body before,-"

I knew what he was going to give me. His motorcycle. The damn thing was more important to him than his own life, and him giving it to me was like I won the lottery.

"Re-Really?" I squeaked, I couldn't wait to ride it through the streets, wind in my hair-

"Yes, now you have homework, ballet practice, and you have to visit Saul's band practice, you are quite a busy young lady." With no hesitation, I ran up the stairs, into my room, and did all my homework in maximum overdrive, finishing in one hour. Thank God that I did most of my homework in class. I pulled out my leotard from my closet and closed my bedroom door.

I quickly changed into my leotard under my street clothes and ran down to the garage.

"Bye Gramps, I'm off to ballet! I'm taking my bike!" I yelled and rode off to the ballet studio.

I felt like I rushed through practice, but I had to go see Guns N Roses. Until I was already on the road, I realized I had no idea where the house they rehearsed in was, so I drove to Saul's house and followed the noise.

I saw the familiar house in front of me, and I knew it was the right place when I heard the music and yelling coming from the house.

\m/\m/

This is sort of a filler chapter, sorry it took so long to update.