"And what have you seen?" I asked, crossing my arms and awaiting her reply anxiously.

"Well sometimes I don't know whether you are going to kiss him or kill him.

"On a good day, both..." I admitted with a chuckle, "But what brought this up all of a sudden? Is there a special someone out there for you?"

"Not anymore..." She sighed.

We both fell into silence, neither of us knowing what to say. I didn't want to press the matter so I just picked up the next piece of armour and helped Éowyn into it.

I couldn't dwell on my thoughts for long however, as it had just gone dawn and we were being called to arms.

Éowyn used her helmet to hide her face as we went towards our horses.

I jumped up into StarLight's saddle and kicked her into a quick gallop, falling in line behind Théoden and his generals. Éowyn picked up Merry and came up alongside me.

It would be a three day ride to Minas Tirith, I just hoped it wouldn't be too late by the time we got there.

***

We only stopped once on our journey, giving enough time for the men to rest and the scouts to come back with battle information.

According to said scouts, the Orc army had already laid siege to the city and were surrounding Minas Tirith.

We rode throughout the night, no more stops along the way. If the enemy had already engaged the White City, I feared how long they could last.

On the third and final day, as the sun rose, we could see over the peak of the hill. There stood Minas Tirith, the capital of Gondor.

I had seen the white city before, many years ago. I had always thought it a beautiful sight to behold but now it looked worse for wear.

I could see the obvious destruction of catapults, buildings now rubble. The huge Orc army was spread across the field in front of Minas Tirith, a huge garrison charging the gates.

I drew my horse alongside Éomer, waiting for the King's orders.

As per my suggestion, Théoden had put me in charge of my own company of Rohirrim soldiers.

"Éomer, take your éored down the left flank." Théoden commanded as he rode his horse up and down the lines of cavalry, "Gamling, follow the king's banner down the center. Grimbold, take your company right after you pass the wall. Forth! And fear no darkness! Lady Sapphire, lead your company towards the gate, try to draw them away, stop them from entering the city!"

"It will be done, Théoden King!" I yelled, riding over to my company of soldiers, my bow in hand.

"Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day ere the sun rises!"

The Rohirrim poised their spears in front of their horses, ready to charge. Théoden rode his horse along the front line, his sword in the air, banging against the spears.

"Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending! Death!" Théoden roared, pointing his sword directly at the enemy.

"Death!" All the Rohirrim and myself shouted.

"Death!" Théoden roared again!

"Death!" We shouted again.

"Death!" King Théoden yelled for the third and final time.

"Death!" We all chanted.

"Forth Eorlingas!" He commanded, kicking his horse into a sprint.

"Death!" We all continued to chant as we charged the Orcs which were rapidly trying to form a defensive line.