Split of the Dimholt Road.

That night, after our sparring matches, we retired to the Golden Hall. Everyone was already asleep apart from the occasional guard.

Éowyn was quite a light sleeper so I didn't want to wake her. She was always busy during the day and I didn't want her to loose sleep because I had blundered in.

Against my better judgement, I followed Legolas into his room.

It wasn't anything grand like Éowyn's room; it was small in size but had quite standard sized bed with warm furs.

Both of us were fatigued from our fights so I just shedded my weapons. I kicked off my boots and collapsed onto the furs fully clothed.

I heard Legolas place his weapons by the bedside table before I felt him sat down next to me.

I was already half asleep when my head hit the pillow so I barely paid attention when I felt Legolas lift me up slightly so I was resting on him.

***

When I finally did wake, I looked out the window to see it just before midday. I groaned and rubbed my eyes before rolling over. Just because Elves could stay awake longer and needed less sleep, doesn't mean I didn't like sleep.

It wasn't until I heard breathing next to me did my eyes jolt open. It was Legolas, already awake and staring down at me.

I looked down at myself and noticed three things. I was still fully dressed in my ranger gear. I was basically laying on Legolas' chest. I was sprawled in the fur blankets with him.

I sat up quickly, a little embarrassed. I had used him as a pillow before, back at Helm's Deep. But that was when most if not all the beds were gone and I just needed a power nap.

This felt different. Cuddling had somehow occured in the night because apparently my limbs didn't decided to tell me as they tangled with Legolas. We were sharing an actual bed which was also new. And probably the most strangest of all, I had felt comfortable enough to sleep for hours.

I cleared my throat awkwardly as I tried to untangle myself from the sheets. He didn't say anything, probably because he knew that if he did, I would too out his tongue or something. At least he knew me well enough not to say anything that would likely cause him bodily harm.

Once I had all my weapons with me, I made a hasty exit, making sure no one was in the corridor before I slipped out of Legolas' room.

***

Théoden was at one of the tables in the hall with his generals of war. Maps were hewn over the table and the King was in the middle of planning his forces.

I sat with Gimli and Merry at another table. They were smoking and singing a few silly songs while I munched down on some lunch. Legolas joined us after a while but didn't add much to the conversation.

It was well into the afternoon when Aragorn came running into the Golden Hall frantically.

"The beacons of Minas Tirith! The beacons are lit!" He shouted, running towards Théoden, "Gondor calls for aid!"

Everyone in the hall turned to Théoden expectantly. We all waiting in silence as we waited for his answer.

"And Rohan will answer," He finally said determinedly as he looked back at Aragorn, "Muster the Rohirrim!"

***

Éomer and many of the guards left to prepare for the ride to war.

The rest of us did the same. I prepped StarLight's saddle and helped bag up supplies for the road. Legolas and Gimli were helping to kit out some of the soldiers while Aragorn and Théoden finalized plans.