Chapter 5

Elizabeth's POV

"Sister-in-law!" Yelled Atlas as he and Aurora walked to us.

"Was that necessary, Atlas?" Asked Axel with a raised eyebrow.

"You tell me, Older Brother." Smirked Atlas.

"You two are incorrigible, you know that?" Said Aurora as she looked at them with amusement.

"That we are not, Darling." Answered Atlas as he wrapped his arm around Aurora's waist before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"That was a rhetorical question, you know that, right?" Smiled Aurora.

"Of course, Love." He shrugged.

"If you two are done showcasing your affection, I would like to feed my beloved." Said Axel.

"You know, it's a bit interesting how you can turn from being such a warm, expressive person to being the exact opposite. Though I don't quite get why you were warm to me a few minutes ago, but you're back to being cold towards Aurora and Atlas." I said, folding my arms and popping out my hip in disapproval.

"That is because you are my beloved, and secondly I am known for being cold on this ship so I must keep to my reputation when I am in public, such as now." He answered in that same cold tone of his that was starting to irk me.

I just kept quiet and gave him the silent treatment because I didn't see this as fair, not at all. He should be as warm to his family as he is to me.

He huffed before grumbling out," Fine, but if we encounter someone I will not hesitate to change my behaviour."

"You know, it's been forever since we last saw Axel this alive. He has been stoic and not the same Axel we knew since..." Said Atlas, his words drifting away as he looked at his brother.

"She knows." Sighed Axel.

"You told her?" Asked Atlas seeming a bit surprised," I'm a bit surprised, but happy. I'm happy that you might be getting back to the old Axel, my nice older brother, not my cold older brother." Said Atlas.

"That makes the two of us, Brother." Smiled Axel, surprising Aurora and Atlas, bringing tears to Aurora's eyes.

"It's been so long since we last saw this you, the happy and alive you. The you I've missed, actually the you we've all missed." She said as she wiped away a stray tear as she gently smiled at Axel, her normal grey eyes, a more ocean blue.

Axel just pulled her into his arms and hugged her. She hugged him back and that's how they stayed for a few seconds before they pulled away.

"My sincerest apologies for my actions. I was going through wounds that I needed to heal myself, but unfortunately it was in the expense of my family and for that I apologise. I could not handle the pain and defeat until I switched off my emotions, until I became a hollow being. Being who I was saved me, but I will repeat unfortunately it was in the expense of my family." He softly said.

"You're forgiven Axel, have been for a very long time. We all understood that what you were going through was difficult, all we didn't not understand was what you were experiencing because none of us ever did and that's what hurt us the most. Not being able to be there for you when you needed us the most." Said Atlas in a broken voice as his eyes turned a sky blue, just like Axel's had earlier. I think it signifies their anger. I'll have to ask him about it later.

"Do not fret little brother, I will not be returning to that state in any near future, for that you have my word. I will return to my old self, slowly but surely." He softly smiled at his brother and sister, who looked at him with nothing but support and love.