Manik felt his tears abate watching the concealed flame in Manav's eyes "But remember, nothing is more important, more valuable for one than their own self-esteem, their dignity, their pride. Nothing. Not even that strong feeling for the person who is the actual reason, the culprit behind of your tainted respect."

His word were obsessing in Manik's fragile mind, whereas seeing his son's ordeal expression, a minimal hint of a smugness appeared on Manav's lips before he carried him up to take him downstairs, much to Manik's oblivion.

"Remember, son." Descending down the decorated staircase at a leisure pace, Manav mumbled, his gaze far ahead looking down where awaited the Pankaj and Neelam along with their twelve year old son, Aloke near aisle "You are a Malhotra. And a Malhotra never loses."

Being his trance broken by the chant of mantras, Manik soon found himself sitting before the holy fire, where his gloom eyes next shifted toward the priest who was performing the pre-rituals of the wedding for the groom.

Been seated limply, Manik could hardly perform any of the rituals. As a result, Pankaj came forward and helped him to do the required rituals by assisting his hands, while Manik kept his dazed eyes intact on the man whom he thought was his godfather.

But how wrong was he.

Making Manik do the required rituals, the priest was about to announce to call the bride when someone from the relative of the Sharmas came running inside frantically "Pankaj, cops!"

Eyes widening in horror, Pankaj gestured out hurriedly something to Neelam, who with a reluctancy on her face dragged Aloke with her to the upstairs.

While on the other hand, Manav was all calm but the look on his face was such which could give chills to anybody.

"Manav." Carrying a limp- clueless Manik in his arm, Pankaj hushed murmured "Take Manik and hide him. It's your responsibility."

Watching the dread in Pankaj's eyes, Manav, without giving a fleeting thought, took Manik and stride his way somewhere he could hide Manik.

While looking for a place to hide Manik , Manav on hearing Manik mewling, hushed him coldly  "Stay quiet and-" finding a cupboard in the storage room, Manav settled Manik inside "-stay here until I sort it out downstair. And dare you make any sound. Am I clear?"

Gaze blurring in fright, Manik blinked his droopy eyes in acknowledgement before he saw Manav shutting the door.

Dark.

It was so dark inside that Manik could hardly see anything. But it didn't bothered him much as numbness in his fuzzy head was already so much that he cared none, until his ear perked with the faint sount of a sweet chime along with a jovial "Oops!"

And then his eyes met with those shiny pair of eyes which smiled when they met with his "Am I caught?"

Manik didn't needed brightness for him to see who was it, as opening his mouth he croaked out "Nan-" letting the remaining stuck in his paresis state.