Acquainted Imposter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She walked down the hallway with her firm stance, her foot steps echoing with athority.

Her face strong and hard, vanishing all the traces of slight terror and agony as they were a few moments ago.

She kept her gaze resistant when walking past the clients that roamed the hallway in the working hours.

Taking a sharp turn, she moved to a vacant lobby corner and leaned againt the metal wall taking a deep, shaky breath.

Feeling as if her mask would soon fall off and her eyes would pool tears when they gazed down at the small glass cartridge in her hands.

But at the end nothing came.

They were too tired to shed anymore tears.

Her father had yet again ghouled her new slug now reimaging it into the ghouled kind.

Bolt, as she used to call it was nothing but a common tazerling but to her it was much more than an amo. A companion she could trust on. The loyalty it gave to her.

Even though knowing her god awful routine, knowing this is normal, why couldn't she just accept it already?

"Consider it a punishment for bringing an injured slug here. Couldn't you find something not utterly useless for once? Atleast it's ghouled now, somewhat useful."

Her teeth grit against eachother.

Useless my ass

Eyes casted down to see the now healed small beast growling as if it's hasn't eaten in days.

It was still, rather fascinating to witness the effect of dark water on those creatures. Her father however, couldn't get enough of it.

So here she was, holding yet another ghoul in her hands while her mind felt hazy, as if she didn't know what emotions to feel. Her eyes stayed glued to the tiny beast as if it had all the answers to her problems.

A few more minutes passed when she finally stopped leaning and stood straight, attaching the cartridge to her bandoleer which was fairly empty at the time.

Taking one last long breath and pulling herself together, she moved out of the lobby to the main hallway area where she previously was.

Her journey continued to her room but soon feeling an intense gaze upon her, she abruptly stopped. The uncomfortable feeling bubbling inside of her forced her to glanced around.

Noticing a person staring at her with curiosity. Their face couldn't be made through by the helmet all employees were obligated to wear.
Though their uniform showed her that they were nothing but a simple operative who would most likely be in the backup resources.