"We are looking for a pack of my favorite kind of gum~" Hisoka smiled raising a finger. "I used to chew it as a child, I haven't been able to find any for a long time so when I heard they had it here I had to get some~"

"That's so cute!" I giggled at the silly reason we came all this way. "I can totally see a little Hisoka blowing bubbles with bubblegum!"

"I also wanted you to try it because it was an important part of my childhood~" I melted at his words they made me really happy that he wanted to share something that meant so much to him with me.

"I'll gladly have a piece!" I felt honored he wanted to share with me.

"Do I get one too?" Illumi asked.

"Of course~" Hisoka didn't seem as eager to share with Illumi but I didn't really notice.

"Let's get some strawberry shortcake while we're there! My mom used to make it every time I did something well when I was growing up!" I wanted to share a piece of my childhood too.

"I can whip you guys since we are all sharing something from our childhood." Illumi said so nonchalantly that it made me laugh. "What?"

"I think the point is to share something good from our childhood not the pain and suffering." I pat his head giggling.

"I see, sometimes we got rewards when we did a good job assassinating someone. For example one time I wanted to be held." I got really sad when he sad that.

I hugged him and held him in a nice embrace, he slowly wrapped his arms around me as if unsure as to if that was ok. "Why did we all have a messed up childhood?" I asked holding Illumi tighter.

"My childhood was not messed up, it was full of  training to become a good assassin to take over the family business." I realized why Illumi was the way he is. Nature vs. Nurture.

"If you say so." I kept hugging him for a while. Eventually we stopped hugging and continued to the capital.

Once we made it the the capital Hisoka lead us to a small shop. It was really cute on the inside with all sorts of pastel colors.

He went up to the counter and bought the package of gum he came here for. Once he bought it we exited the store.

"Bungee gum?" I read the label on the gum.

"It's the best bubblegum you can get~ I even named my nen ability after it." Hisoka handed me a stick of his favorite gum.

I took it and put it in my mouth. It was amazing, I don't like bubblegum and this was good! "So?" Hisoka asked looking at my happy facial expression.

"It's so good, its the perfect consistency and has a nice flavor!" I smiled giving a thumbs up blowing a big bubble.

Hisoka smiled popping a stick in his mouth and handing one to Illumi to try. They both blew bubbles and they all popped at the same time.

I laughed recollecting the gum in my mouth to blow another bubble. "Let's get some shortcake now!" I grabbed their hands and led them to a bakery

The bakery was decorated with flowers and fruits painted on the white walls, on the inside it smelled sweet! It could make your mouth water if you stood inside to long.

"Do you sell strawberry shortcakes?" I asked the old lady at the counter.

"We sure do!" The nice old lady smiled. "Would you like one? We have the best in town!"

"I'd love one, thank you!" She rang us up and grabbed a strawberry shortcake from the back and gave us a few plates for us to use, she handed them to me and we sat down at one of the tables.

I opened the box and smiled at the sweet treat waiting inside. I cut it and handed everyone a piece on a plate the old lady gave us.

"I hope you guys enjoy this cake!" I cut us all a piece and put them on the plates the lady gave us, I handed each of the boys their piece. I took a bite of the fluffy sugary desert sighing in absolute bliss.

We enjoyed our cake and headed to a nice park to hang out.

"I'll never go a day without being thankful that I'm with you guys." I laid down on the grass and looked up at the fluffy clouds in the blue sky.

————————————————————————
Word count 1350

I felt bad for not writing in a while so here's another chapter!

Also I think I'm going to start putting one shots at the ends of the chapters just for fun, this ones going to be Hisoka x dying reader because I'm sad and like to spread my sadness. And yes I cried writing it.

***

"I don't have much time left you know." I turned away from him staring out the window as a tear streamed down my face.

"I won't let you die." Hisoka grabbed my hand and held it tightly.

"The hardest part of this is leaving you." I turned back to him. "You have to let me go, this just isn't living." I gestured to the many IV's and wired connected to me.

"You can't leave me." Hisoka pleaded.

I cupped his face in my cold weak hand. "I hope you find someone else, I wish it could be me but I'm not going to make it out of here."

For the first time in my life I saw the strongest person I know start to cry. "I'll get you up and going again, you'll make it out of here, you have to."

"Please stop. Your just making this harder for me, we both know I'm not surviving this! Sometimes people get sick and they don't get better." I cried not wanting to say goodbye to the silly magician. "Please just enjoy what time we have left instead of trying to stop the inevitable."

Hisoka got up off of the ground and came to lay with me in the hospital bed. "I don't know why this has to happen." I held him close to me letting him cry.

"My life was so short but I'm glad I got to meet you Hisoka. It was so much fun going on walks and missions with you. I remember when we were younger we would have sleepovers and stay up all night, every time we did my mom would yell at us for not going to bed. But no matter what we were always together." I lightly giggled remembering all the fun times we had together.  "But soon you'll be alone, I'm sorry that you'll lose me."

"Please don't go y/n! I'll be better! I'll never hurt you again, did I ever even apologize for the time I cut you when you wouldn't leave me alone?" It was so hard to see Hisoka cry.

"I forgive you. I forgive you for everything. I'm not mad about anything you've ever done, don't regret anything or wish you did something different because I loved every second I spent with you." I continued to hold the crying Hisoka in my arms.

"It's not fair! Why do you have to die?" I wanted to tell him everything was going to be alright but it wasn't. I was still going to die there was no stopping it.

"I'm happy that you're here with me, I don't want to be alone while I say goodbye." My grip loosened on him as I could feel myself getting weaker.

"Please don't leave me." Hisoka sounded so defeated it hurt to hear.

"I'll always be with you Hisoka, I love you more then you could ever imagine, I always have. But I don't have much more time so please don't dwell on the fact this is happening and say goodbye."

"I don't want you to go. I love you too! I'll never find someone like you, you were one of a kind y/n. There's so much we haven't done. I wanted to make you mine one day. I hope I go to heaven so I can see you once again~" his words were genuine.

I could feel myself slipping away, the heart monitor started beeping letting the nurses now my heart rate was dropping. "Thank you Hisoka Morrow for bringing my life so much joy, you were the best part of it by far." I kissed his head softly as the monitor flatlined.