111. The Smokey Mountains

Start from the beginning

This confused, Fluttershy who, for the first time spoke up after waiting patiently for everyone to get ready so far. "Ever since the map called us? But that happened five minutes ago," she mentioned.

Star Twinkle's eyes widened as soon as he heard that. From what it looked like around here he figured that it Twilight was spending the whole morning setting all this up but that apparently was not the case.

"I know!" Twilight replied happily, not realizing what the two ponies were so shocked about. "But I wanna be one hundred percent prepared! I mean, I'm the Princess of Friendship. How would it look if I couldn't solve a friendship problem?" She explained with the later sentence sounding a little bit more nervous. Knowing Twilight, she was worrying way too much about failing at this mission and felt pressured. A very typical Twilight behavior.

"Don't worry too much, Twilight," Star Twinkle said. "We two are going with you too after all," he assured.

Fluttershy couldn't agree more. "Oh, I'm so lucky I'm being sent with you two," she expressed happily. "Speaking of which, where are we going?" She then asked, which is the same thing that Star Twinkle was wondering too.

Twilight pointed towards the map in the middle of the room. The Cutie Marks of Twilight and Fluttershy were still hovering above a certain spot, and as expected, Star Twinkle's Cutie Mark was nowhere to be seen.

"What is this place?" Star Twinkle asked, hiding his disappointment of not being called by the map again.

"The Smokey Mountains!" Twilight replied.

"Oh, I've never been there before," Fluttershy said as she took a look at the place herself which looked like two smaller mountains standing not too far away from another.

"Neither have I," Twilight said. "And there isn't a lot of information on them. All I could find was this," she said before she showed the two ponies a book with a picture from those mountains on them. "The Smokey Mountains harbor the most beautiful valley in all of Equestria between its two majestic mountain peaks," she explained.

"That's gorgeous. And where there's nature, there's a ton of animal friends!" Fluttershy said happily, getting a lot more excited about this trip now.

The same couldn't be said about Star Twinkle though. When he was being "called" to Griffonstone, Twilight was telling them how majestic and amazing that town would be but then he arrived at the place and it was the complete opposite. He figured that if the map was calling them to this place then there was obviously something wrong with it. The stallion decided to not point it out to not kill the excitement of the two girls.

"I can't wait to get started!" Twilight said, proving Star Twinkle's point. "I'm a little nervous since that's all I could find. I usually like to be a bit more prepared," she added.

Star Twinkle and Fluttershy just looked around themselves after hearing that. "Even more prepared?" Star Twinkle asked.

"Yeah, you seem pretty prepared to me," Fluttershy agreed on.

But the three wasted enough time and decided to finally get going. Twilight already prepared some things for the group to take to the Smokey Mountains. Three heavily filled saddlebags were waiting for the ponies, the emphasis was being put on the words "heavily filled".

"Are those for us?" Fluttershy asked confused, fearing that she would collapse instantly after attempting to lift her bag.

"What did you put in there?" Star Twinkle asked.

"Oh, just some snacks, books, blankets, books," Twilight casually listed.

"You said "books" twice," Fluttershy pointed out.