98. Griffonstone

Twilight asked of Star Twinkle to come to the Castle, to the throne room to be exact. The stallion did as he was told and went to the castle, he was not the only one to be there though. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were waiting in the throne room as well.

"There you are, Star Twinkle!" Twilight said as soon as the stallion walked inside the room.

Pinkie Pie seemed really excited but Rainbow Dash was sitting in her seat and looked away from everyone as if she was not showing interest in whatever was going on in there.

"What is it? Why did you want me to come?" Star Twinkle asked confused.

"Look! Look!" Pinkie Pie said in response as she pointed towards the table in the middle of the room with the map of Equestria on it.

As Star Twinkle was inspecting the map, he quickly noticed that two Cutie Marks were hovering over a certain spot, It was just like back then when the map first appeared but instead of everyponies Cutie Mark, it only showed Pinkie Pie's and Rainbow Dash's. This meant that the map was calling them to go to the place where their Cutie Marks were hovering above. That is at least what Twilight believed, judging from their last trip to Starlight Glimmer's town.

"What is this place?" Star Twinkle asked. He was referring to the place where Pinkie Pie's and Rainbow Dash's Cutie Marks were at. The place looked like a giant tree with houses on its branches from what he could see.

Twilight went on ahead and explained things. "This is so exciting. The map is summoning you to Griffonstone, the very heart of the griffon kingdom!" She said. Somehow, she showed more enthusiasm to all of this than Rainbow Dash, even though the later one was usually the one who was happy to go on an adventure. Star Twinkle was not showing much enthusiasm as well, considering that he was thinking about something else in his head.

"My Cutie Mark isn't on it...again..." he thought, making him wonder why he was called to the castle in the first place.

But instead of getting an answer to that, Twilight was so drawn into this Griffonstone place that she just continued her explanation. "I don't know if either of you have read "Bygone Griffons of Greatness", but griffons were known to be—"

"Rude, insensitive bullies?" Rainbow Dash finished with a bothered expression on her face.

Twilight instantly picked up on what Rainbow Dash was getting at. "You mean Gilda?" She asked.

It was a long time since Star Twinkle last heard that name but he still well remembered who it belonged to. Gilda was an old friend of Rainbow Dash. both of them went to flight school and were pretty close. However, Gilda turned out to be pretty mean to anyone besides Rainbow Dash. She was looking down on them for not being as cool as her and as soon as Rainbow Dash realized how mean she was to her new friends, she realized that it was not right and they both ended their friendship.

Since it was so long ago, Star Twinkle had his troubles to still be mad at her, in fact, he was not too mad at her, to begin with. It was back when he still was still learning about friendship so he just figured that he knew too less to even have an opinion on it.

But Rainbow Dash clearly had a set opinion. "Yeah, I mean Gilda!" She said bothered. "When she came to Ponyville, she was a total jerk to all my friends, especially Pinkie Pie!" She pointed out.

Pinkie Pie had to agree on that. "She was a bit of a party pooper," she said, putting it more mildly than it actually was.

This is where Star Twinkle had to point out something. "That doesn't mean that all griffons are like her, right?" He said, expecting someone to agree with him but judging from how no response came, neither of them did meet another griffon before.