17. The Sonic Rainboom

Twilight was studying last week really hard. That is why she asked Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Star Twinkle to help her clean up her library. It didn't take too much time as Star Twinkle thought to clean up everything but it was way too boring for him and he was glad once the work was done.

"Last one," said Twilight after putting the last book in one of her shelf's. "Thank you so much for helping me clean up all these books, guys. It was a crazy week of studying," she said while rolling her eyes.

"Finally, now I can finally go home and relax," Star Twinkle thought. But just when he was about to announce his leave, he saw how Rainbow Dash came flying towards them through the window.

"Look out!" He exclaimed but it was too late.

Rainbow Dash crashed into all of them, ruining the library in the process. Shortly after, Fluttershy landed in a window and cheered for Rainbow Dash or at least Star Twinkle thought that this was supposed to be cheering since Fluttershy was not really convincing.

Rainbow Dash then apologized for the performance to which Fluttershy pointed out that it wasn't that bad. But little did she know that Rainbow Dash was talking about her and her cheering.

Of course, everypony was wondering what this was about and Rainbow Dash explained that she was training Fluttershy to cheer for her in the Best Young Flyer Competition. In this competition, all the greatest Pegasus show up to perform their best flying skills.

Since the competition is held in Cloudsdale, only Pegasus could watch, since every none Pegasus can't walk on the clouds and only having Fluttershy to cheer for you was probably not that encouraging.

Pinkie Pie, who was overly excited as always, wished that she could be there to watch Rainbow Dash perform a Sonic Rainboom. Twilight asked what this Sonic Rainboom was, taking out the words of Star Twinkles mouth, who also wondered what that was.

"The Sonic Rainboom is legendary! When a Pegasus like Rainbow Dash gets going sooo fast... Boom! A sonic boom and a rainbow can happen all at once!" explained Pinkie Pie

"And Rainbow Dash here's the only pony to ever pull it off!" Applejack proudly added.

Apparently, Rainbow Dash was only a filly when she first did that Sonic Rainboom, which was quite impressive. Performing one again should be a piece of cake by now, thought Star Twinkle.

When asked if Rainbow Dash could perform one again, she hesitated to answer at first but then she confidently assured that she could do Sonic Rainbooms in her sleep. And Rainbow Dash intended to win the competition since the grand prize was a whole day with the Wonderbolts an expert flight acrobat group and Rainbow Dash's long life heroes.

She then decided to rest up for the competition and left the library. Shortly before Fluttershy left too, she explained that Rainbow Dash was trying to perform the Sonic Rainboom over a hundred times and that she was never even close.

After the two Ponies left, Twilight was asked by Rarity if she could find a way to get them all to Cloudsdale. Rarity figured that Rainbow Dash was a little nervous, which Star Twinkle could agree on. She didn't seem as confident as usual for him too.

Eventually, Twilight agreed to find something if there wasn't a huge mess in the library again. Pinkie Pie then gave her a book, which landed on her face after Rainbow Dash knocked her over. Twilight quickly found a spell which allowed Earth Ponies or Unicorns to fly for three days but was also difficult to pull off so she needed a test subject to volunteer.

Since that spell sounded like a personal nightmare for Star Twinkle, who was afraid of heights and flying, he was not even thinking about raising his hoof. But to his relief Rarity quickly volunteered, saying that she would do it for Rainbow Dash.