The Special Secret

Everyone had been eating the stew by the fire, though they were still very cold. Snorkmaiden suddenly got up and went upstairs, and after a while, Moomintroll went up to see what she was up to. He found her in his parents' room.
"What're you up to?" He whispered.
"I'm looking for knitting supplies," She replied, "I'm going to make us some shawls." The floorboard she stepped on made a loud creak, and Moomintroll shushed her. They both attempted to maneuver their way through the room without sound, though things that were usually silent suddenly became louder than ever.
"I'm going back down," Said Moomintroll. He went back downstairs and asked who wanted a shawl, but to his surprise both Too Ticky and Snufkin said they didn't need one. Suddenly, they all heard a door slam open from upstairs, and then some muffled yelling. It stopped, and after a while Snorkmaiden returned. This time, however, she was accompanied by Little My.
"I've been woken up," Said Little My, "but I'm getting a shawl."
"Good for you," Replied Moomintroll.
"Why is Snufkin here?" She asked.
"It's a long story," Said Snufkin. Snorkmaiden then attempted to knit, which was pretty easy as she'd knitted before, though every so often she'd notice a mistake and have to undo quite a bit of it. But in the end, she made three nice shawls. Moomintroll then asked Snorkmaiden for the knitting supplies, and went into the kitchen to do something secret. Snufkin ended up leaving to go out for a walk, and Little My walked into the kitchen.
"What're you up to, Moomintroll?" Asked Little My.
"If I tell you, you must keep it a secret," Replied Moomintroll.
"I don't see any reason I'd want to tell anyone," Little My said, giggling. Moomintroll turned around and revealed that he was knitting two green mittens.
"Oh ho ho!" Chuckled Little My, "I get it! They're for my little brother! You know he isn't very accepting towards new clothing, right?"
"I know," Sighed Moomintroll, "but it doesn't hurt to try.."
"Don't sulk like that," Said Little My, "your secrets safe with me." And she left the room, giggling the whole time.
It was extremely cold out. The wind had begun to pick up, and it was difficult to see anything. Snufkin was attempting to navigate towards moominhouse using the light that is normally emitting from it as a sort of beacon. To his horror, he remembered that they'd blew out all the light sources to keep away the Groke. He was thinking that he should've brought his tent with him. It was becoming harder and harder to walk as the snow piled up, and he could feel himself become number and number. And then, he finally realized why. Before him stood the tall, looming Groke. All he could do was stand there and stare. The Groke stared back at him for a while, and then she slowly lifted her arm. She was pointing at something, but Snufkin couldn't see what. He decided to start walking that way, what's the worst that could happen? He walked and walked for a while, coming across nothing. Just when he was about to give up, he saw the red postbox. The Groke had led him back to moominhouse.