The Hidden Feelings

Too Ticky had returned from a successful fishing trip. Her and the shrews started preparing a dinner. Snufkin offered to help, but Too Ticky insisted he sit back down. A few days had passed since he'd first arrived, but he hadn't gotten much better. Too Ticky had revealed to Snufkin that the cause of all of the snow was the arrival of the Great Cold, which was a very inconvenient time to be ill, let alone awake. When Too Ticky served the stew, she noticed Snufkin was a bit more melancholic than usual.
"Anything the matter?" She asked.
"Not really," Said Snufkin.
"Lets talk about feelings." She demanded.
"Why?" He asked.
"Why not?" She responded. So they conversed about feelings for a while. As Too Ticky had expected, Snufkin wasn't very open about his.
"Do you love anyone?" She asked suddenly, being answered by nothing but silence.
"Sorry," She whispered, "I wasn't thinking when I asked that. Ask it to me so we'll be even."
Snufkin hesitated, then asked, "Do you love anyone?"
"I suppose I do," Responded Too Ticky, "I try not to center my entire life around her, but I can't help loving her like I do. It's Ninny. Moomin told you about her, right?"
"He did," Answered Snufkin.
She then continued, "Ever since I met her, I felt a need to protect her, even if she can protect herself. It's always in the back of my mind, 'I wonder how she's doing now?'"
"I know how you feel," Whispered Snufkin, "The person I care about most.. I can't live just for them. I have to be free. But I can't help having them on the back of my mind all the time."
"Being mysterious," Too Ticky said to herself, "Ah well. I hope you're talking about who I think you're talking about."
"Who might that be?" Asked Snufkin.
"A certain boy," She answered eagerly, "He was awake during the winter last year, and couldn't stop talking about his dear, dear Snufkin. Snufkin this, Snufkin that." Snufkin proceeded to bury his face in his arms.
"He thinks of me that much?" He quietly asked.
"Certainly," Responded Too Ticky. She laughed, now knowing that Snufkin admired Moomin back.