The Hailstorm

The next morning, Too Ticky and Snorkmaiden were awoken by a faint tapping on the window. Unable to figure out what was causing it, they both went downstairs.
"I suppose Snufkin and Moomin are still sleeping," Said Snorkmaiden, "Oh, it's hailing!"
"I hope it doesn't do any damage to the roof," Thought Too Ticky, then looking through the window at the veranda and smiling, "Well, it looks like you were right."
The boys woke up a couple hours later. (They slept so late because they kept waking up in the night and talking for a bit before falling back to sleep.) They then came back into the house.
"That's some hard snow," Said Snufkin, who was still half asleep.
"What?" Asked Too Ticky.
"Uh," He stuttered, "Wait, hail. That's hail."
"You forgot what hail was?!" Moomintroll asked while laughing. It was quite funny, really. Snorkmaiden served the pancakes leftover from last night, which were still delicious. Snufkin was glad they didn't have to make more. After that, they weren't sure what to do, so they sat at the table attempting to gain ideas.
"Snowball fight!" Moomintroll suddenly shouted.
"Yes!" Said Snorkmaiden supportively, "I remember you telling me about those! They must be great fun!"
"I've never done that before," Whispered Snufkin.
"Neither have I," Too Ticky replied, "But I'm sure it's easy. I think we just roll up snow and throw it at each other." They all went outside and attempted to have a proper snowball fight. Moomintroll was the best at it, since the previous year Little My and hemulen skier had showed him how. Snufkin and Snorkmaiden didn't have that good an aim, but they figured it out quickly. As for Too Ticky, she too was very skilled at throwing snowballs, despite having never partaken in a proper snowball fight before. At one point, Snufkin tripped and fell on his face while attempting to launch a snowball. Moomintroll took this as an opportunity to hit him with more snowballs, and when Snufkin got up he ran behind a tree. After a few minutes of not returning, Moomintroll went over to ask if he was perhaps upset or injured. However, instead of receiving a reply, he got pelted by snowballs. And more snowballs. Soon the two were chasing each other around the yard, hurdling snowballs at each other, laughing hysterically. It was all great fun.
Later that day, nobody had much energy left, so they were all telling stories around the fireplace. Snufkin was telling most of the stories, though. Moomintroll listened intently to every word, his head leaned on Snufkin's shoulder. The only person who had eventually left for a bit was Too Ticky, who made some hot chocolate for everyone. After an hour, Moomintroll and Snorkmaiden both fell asleep. Too Ticky was able to move freely about the house, however, Snufkin had to stay as still as possible, because Moomintroll was leaning on him.
"My legs have gone numb," Whispered Snufkin.
"But you're enjoying it, aren't you?" Replied Too Ticky with a smirk. Snufkin didn't respond, but instead looked at Moomintroll lovingly, and Too Ticky took that as a yes.