💮Chapter 55: Virago💮

Start from the beginning

She was like a sister I never had, even though we bumped heads occasionally.

"I don't want you to get hurt. You're a mother now, Y/N." Arthur tried to reason.

"He's right, Y/N." Javier spoke up. "It's going to be dangerous."

"I've done a lot of dangerous things as a mother. I'm not going to stop because the stakes are high." I looked over to Javier. "After we get Abigail back. I'm coming back here to get my stuff." I sighed. "Today was too close of a call."

"Let's ride!"

The three of us started riding to the docks.

I hope that this is the last thing I have to do. 

💮💮💮

On the ride there, we talked about a lot of things. We talked about Dutch and how he was endangering all of our lives. It wasn't a secret that Dutch was making bad decisions and what Arthur and Sadie were saying only confirmed it. We all talked about our futures too, and the futures we wished to give to those around us. When we finally got there, we ditched our horses and started to come up with a plan. 

"I think you should cover us, Arthur. Me and Y/N, should go and get her." Sadie immediately suggested. 

I nodded. "Yeah, we'll get Abigail." I gestured to him. "And you're the better shot. A real sharp shooter."

"That ain't what y'all mean." He said breathlessly. "I can still fight!" He pressed. 

Sadie came to stand next to me and pushed the rifle into his hands. "We know, Arthur. It's just... Do it my way, honey, its for the best." She pleaded.

"We just want to make sure that everyone goes home today." I placed my hands over the rifle and looked him in his tired eyes. "Just go somewhere high and watchout for us okay? We need you, Arthur."

"Please Arthur. Just go to the light house and cover us. Please."

He slowly nodded. "Okay."

He started running for the lighthouse. I went over to my horse and grabbed my shotgun before shooing Fuego. Sadie did the same and we started heading to the town. Sadie and I made quick work of most of the Pinkertons with Arthur's help. I wasn't lying when I said he was a sharp shooter. 

Arthur had cleared the perfect path for us, Sadie kicked the door in and I follow after her. 

Unfortunately, we were met with Pinkertons who were prepared for us. One of them immediately tried to wrestle the shot gun away from Sadie. I shot him in the arm before Sadie shot him in the leg. I huffed as I pointed my shot gun at another Pinkerton. 

"Give us the girl!" I demanded. "You can leave with your life if you just, give her to us."

The guy's eyes moved to behind me for a second, but I saw it. Before I could turn around I was met with a devastating blow to the head. My world went black.

     💮💮💮

I opened my eyes only to be faced with a dusty floor. I grimaced at the throbbing pain on the back of my head and tried to rub my head. 

I huffed in annoyance. 

I was tied up with a disgusting cloth in my mouth. 

I looked to the left of me and saw Sadie wriggling around in her bonds. 

"I find it amusing how ladies who cause so much trouble, can be taken care of so easily." I heard a voice say.