Octane x (Non-Binary! Theif! Reader- fluff

(A/N: this takes place in season 3, because I'm too lazy to incorporate revenant in there, and you're a beautiful/handsome thief. Ik I'm unoriginal XD).

The cool night air whipped against my cheeks as I raced through the streets on my (F/C) motor bike, my (H/C) hair whipping my face as it flailed in the wind.

Turn right in 48 feet

My GPS filled the silent night air. I gripped the handlebars mire firmly as I waited for the right moment to turn. A few seconds later, I found the street I was supposed to turn on and turned, scanning the street for any witnesses. As quietly as possible, I parked my bike in a back alley and walked towards the large building I was about to rob. I smiled to myself in anticipation of what treasures would await me in there. Boy, was I about to be disappointed.

Putting on my visor, I tapped it, entering thermal mode. It was like a visual metal detector, except it detected value, not metal. I approached the back door and slid a clip out of my wind swept (H/S)
(Hair Style)
Hair. I put it in the lock and turned it. Surprisingly, it didn't work. After a few more tries, with no success, I blew out a breath and tried using the credit card technique. There was a soft click and the door swung open. I stepped inside and looked around, trusting the visor to do its job. I didn't see anything highlighted, besides a few crumpled pieces of currency. I stuffed those in my leather pouch and continued upstairs. Nada. Disappointed, I turned away to find someone standing in front of me. I stared at the figure. It was MUCH taller than me. I couldn't get a good look at the face before they clasped my wrist and dragged me towards the front of the building, rummaging in a drawer and withdrawing a weirdly shaped object. I presumed it was a weapon.

"Filthy theives. Always stealing from me! Not this time. Oh-ho-ho, not anymore. You're in for the worst pain you've ever felt in your life, missy." The man said in a gruff voice, pointing whatever was in his hand at me. I snarled. I hated being called 'missy', or any name that refferred me a woman or man. I didn't identify as a woman, but not a man either.

My captor flipped a switch on the weapon, and I heard a buzz. It was powering up. Any weapon that had to charge up was always lethal. Panicking, I tried pulling out of the man's grasp, but he was too strong. Giving up, I elbowed his side, hard. He let go momentarily, clutching his side and hissing in pain. Taking this opportunity, I ran for the back door, the man lumbering after me, still holding his injured side. The buzzing stopped. His weapon was charged. Smiling, he pointed it at me, getting ready to pull the trigger. I heard another click as the trigger was pulled, and the sound of at least 10 energy bullets being fired. I ran outside and shut the door, just in time to avoid most of them, but I felt about three puncture my back and shoulder. I yelped in pain, then heard another third against the door. The man was trying to break it down to get to me.

Quickly, I shoved a bunch of heavy trash bags and bricks in front of the door while I sprinted towards my bike and powered it on, racing off in the direction of home.

Time skip brought to you by energy ammo weapons

Upon arriving home, I took off my visor and tossed it on the nearest arm chair. Most everything in my house- including the house was paid for by... Various people, so to speak. I thought of those huge mansions the Apex competitors lived in. Maybe one day, I thought to myself. It'd always been my dream to be in the Apex Games since it came out. Luckily, they were on their seasonal hiatus, and word on the street says they're still looking for a new legend. No one knew how to get in, though.