Chapter 6

Reena-san raised a brow as I walked through door early, "what are you doing back so early? Don't you have what," she looked up at the clock on the wall, "2 hours?"

I just shrugged in response. She huffed. "Well, then since you're home early you can do the dishes," she stated, turning back to sweep up the living room while the other younger children ran around.

I nodded in response as I meandered over to the sink. On one side there were the dirty dishes, and on the other side there was a little bit of water. On the edge of the sink was a block of soap, but the water was seemingly already bubbly, so I didn't need any right now.

I finished washing the dishes quickly enough, after I grabbed my kunai and shuriken and made my way to a training ground, training ground 11. It was like all of the others, with a fenced-in expanse of desert and a few rocks littered around here and there. As well as 3 training dummies in a wide triangle formation in the front most part of the training ground.

I stretched a bit, feeling satisfied as my bones popped when I did. Ever since I noticed my messed up chakra network, I noticed other things as well. Certain spots on the back of my legs that tugged in a weird way when I stretched. Along with similar spots on my arms, back, and shoulders.

Maybe that's why smiling felt so weird?

After finishing my stretches I did 5 laps around the training ground, funneling chakra into my legs and feet, and I noticed other minuscule things to. Like bumps in my chakra, although in my legs nothing felt cut off, neither my feet. Mainly only my right side. Just weird bumps where my chakra slowed down slightly when it hit that bump.

After my laps, I took a drink of some water before walking into the center of the 3 dummies. I took a deep breath, grasping 3 kunai in my right hand, before throwing the kunai in a spiral motion. Just as a sort of test.

None of them hit, and I didn't expect them to. I guess right now I should just practice rapid firing kunai before doing that huh?

After 30 minutes of throwing kunai I sighed out, I only hit about 10 bulls eyes. I still have quite a bit of work to do.

I sighed out, plopping down in the sand in the center of the 3 dummies, rummaging through my pocket, but the familiar smooth coolness of the marble didn't even graze my fingertips. My heart thrummed in my chest anxiously, as I pulled both of my pockets out, but nothing fell to the ground.

I looked around the training ground, probably upturning each and every grain of sand in my path. Then I looked around the perimeter of the training ground, still nothing. I ground my teeth together, then took a deep breath. Did someone steal it? Did I drop it?

I quickly made my way home, my eyes staring towards the ground intently, to try and see if I could spot anything, nothing. Making my way to the orphanage I checked the sink, the counters, the living room, my room, my backpack.

I couldn't find it.

.

.

.

That night I stole a bit more chicken, and made my way back to Pako's alleyway. Smiling to myself as she perked up upon spotting me. Or just smelling the chicken. I like to think that she just saw me and got excited.

I knelt down onto the ground, once again pulling off and eating the skin and char of the meat just in case the spices were bad for her. I tore off a piece for her to eat, placing it in front of my as I did so Pako swiftly made her way over to me, quickly munching on the chicken, rubbing her body against mine.