'Enough. We shouldn't mind what he does with his life. He has just reverted, we can pray for him to lead a pure and righteous life now.' Afza says and they all nod and get up, 'Let's go home, I want to sleep.' Ruhee says, yawning. They laugh at her and walk out the cafe towards the metro.

Ruhee was helping her mother in the kitchen after dinner, 'You want anything special tomorrow?' Ruhee's mother asks her. She looks at her and says, 'Nothing special. I am okay with whatever. And you know I am not good at fashion for myself. Others, I would gladly, but not for me. Abba always does my shopping. Since it is a ladies shopping, he can't come.' Ruhee says dissappointed. Ruhee's mother laughs at her and nods. Ruhee could sense something was off with her mother, so she asked, 'All okay, Ammi?' her mother nods her head without looking at her.

Ruhee turns to her mother leaving the dishes. She turns her to face her and she could see tears forming in her mother's eyes. Ruhee asks with worry, 'What's the matter, Ammi?' Ruhee places her hand on her mother's cheek, caressing it. Mahira places her hand on her daughters hand and smiles with tear stained eyes. Ruhee still held worry on her face. Mahira pulled Ruhee's hand away from her face and held onto her daughters hands. She looked at her hands then back at her daughter.

'Tomorrow we are going shopping for your wedding, I mean, it is only jewelry shopping now, but we'll soon be going dress shopping, wedding dress shopping and shoe shopping, accessories and stuff and soon, it will be the day of your wedding.' Ruhee nods as her mother spoke, 'It just hit me that, my little girl is actually getting married.' tears had started flowing down her mother's face. Seeing her mothers emotions, even Ruhee's eyes welled up with tears.

'Oh, Ammi.' Ruhee embraces her mother in her arms. They pull back after sometime with tears in their eyes. Mahira held her daughters face in her hands and spoke, 'My baby has grown up and she is getting married.' Ruhee let's out a small laugh at her mother's words. She places her hand on her mother's and nods her head, 'And your baby will always be your baby.' Ruhee says and her mother nods. They get into each others embrace again.

Ya Allah, I'll be leaving my Ammi in a months. Who is going to scold me for my mistakes now?

The ladies enter the jewellery shop and are greeted by one of the staffs that leads them to a counter. All six of them settle down as one incharge shows them some designs, 'Ohh, this looks lovely.' Zainab points out, 'Ohh that is beautiful.' she points to another one, 'Ohh, how much is that?' she asks. Shifa slaps her daughters hand away and says, 'It is not your wedding, Zainab. Let Ruhee choose.' Zainab pouts and turns to Ruhee, 'Which one do you like?' Ruhee looks at the designs, she was more confused than ever, 'I don't know.' she says.

'How can you not know? I knew exactly what I wanted when I came jewelry shopping for my wedding.' Zainab says, 'Well, your wedding is over. Ruhee dear, Do you want to see some more?' Sahma asks her. Ruhee looks at her mother not knowing what to do. Her mother smiles at her and points at a choker necklace behind the staff. The staff nods her head and shows it to them. Her mother points at another long necklace, whose ends joined with a beautiful big round flower. She pointed at a pair of earrings and all were placed before Ruhee. Ruhee smiles at the set. Her mother knew exactly what she wanted.

She turns to her mother with the biggest smile ever, 'Try it on.' her mother says. Ruhee nods and undoes her hijab, enough to show her neck. She puts on the choker and the long necklace while she held the earrings where her ears were hidden. Everyone loved it. Ruhee looked at her mother, who had wiped a tear discreetly, but Ruhee noticed. Ruhee could feel the tears pricking her eyes, but she held it in. They had purchased the set with a similar set of bangles and went home.

Ruhee went to bed, while her mother was showing her father the jewelry. She opens her mobile to see a message and immediately smiles.

Husband - How was jewelry shopping?

Ruhee - It went well.

Husband - I heard you looked lovely.

Even his text compliment can make me blush.

Ruhee - Maybe.

Husband - When can we meet?

Ruhee - We are not allowed to meet till our wedding, Aayan.

Husband - But we are already married.

Ruhee - Still, for our elders sake.

Husband - Fine, but I miss you alot.

God, was he always this sweet?

Ruhee - I don't miss you.

Husband - What!!?

This will be fun.

Ruhee - Yeah.

Husband - Okay, we have got to meet. You are forgetting me!!!!!

Hehehe, cute.

Ruhee - of course, I miss you, Mr.Cutie.

Husband - I am not cute.

Ruhee - What sails your boat.

Husband - Go sleep, you must be tired.

Ruhee - Yeah, night.

Husband - good night. I love you.

Ruhee's eyes went wide and her heart beat skyrocketed. She shut the mobile and fell flat.

God, I really miss him now.