CHAPTER 3

All Aayan wanted to do was enjoy his afternoon lunch at McDonald's, with his annoying friend. But seems like, fate had other plans for him.

Aayan was pissed.

First at the girl who spilt her drink on him and then at the boy who was fooling around with the girl and now, again at the girl.

Aayan had just placed his order and was about to leave, when he felt cold coke soaking through his shirt, He was mad.

But when he looked at the cause, a sense of warmth washed over his chest. He was actually staring at the girl in front of him for no reason, yet he couldn't take his eyes off her face.

When he looked at the guy with whom she was arguing, a sense of protectiveness came over him and he stood up for her.

When he went to stand next to her, His heart couldn't help but beat fast in his chest.

When he saw the boys giving her wrong looks, that's when he lost it.

His actions towards that boy were confusing him aswell, and what he feared more was how this girl, doing nothing, was actually the cause of everything.

He snapped at her.

What if something would have happened to her? How can she be so naive to talk back to a boy and at the same time demand for money? And also be sweet at the same time?

He wanted to yell at her for being careless. But that cute frown on her face was not helping.

"I'm sorry. What?" she asked.

She has a sweet voice.
Get a grip Aayan.

"Next time, walk away quietly from a situation you can't handle. That's what mature people do"

He was still looking at her with a pissed off expression.

She moves a bit towards Aayan, which causes his heartbeat to sky rocket.

"So, what you are telling me is, to not stand up to boys, just because I am a girl and he is a boy and he can harm me in anyway and I won't be able to protect myself?" she asks him getting pissed with every word.

Aayan registered her words in his head and replied" Yes? " or more like questioned.

The girl stood straight and took a deep breath before replying "I see" and she nodded to herself.

She looks up at him " Mister, I do not know what your name is and don't mean to know aswell, Did I ask for your help? Or Did you see me in a troubled situation to stand up for me?"

Aayan was about to reply when "No right. And I was handling it pretty well, if not for your interference, I would have smacked him across his face to knock that stupid smirk off his lips, but no, you had to barge in to save me and become a hero of how you saved a naive little girl from a big bad bully of a boy? "

Aayan was gonna speak when....

" No, you are wrong. I am not as naive or innocent as my looks at time tend to portray, I can be a bitch if I want to"

"You go girl" someone from the crowd yelled but Aayan was too astonished and amused? to notice.

Aayan was again ready to reply but..."Just because I am girl doesn't mean I am weak, and who are you to snap at me? My dad? My brother? My boyfriend? Or My Husband? "

"Let me speak woman" Aayan almost yells. This stuns the girl but, "No, you have said enough" she again interrupts in middle.

"And next time when you meet such 'mature people', ask them to grow some guts"

She then walks back to a table, were three more girls stood, collected her bag and food, and walks out the restaurant, along with her friends.

Aayan just stares at her retreating figure, stunned.

"Aayan" a hand on his shoulder removes him from his trance to look back at his friend giving him a knowing smile, which causes Aayan to frown at his friends expression.

"The food is ready. Don't you wanna eat? or should I call her back so you can stare at her a little longer" Zubair says with a teasing smile.

Aayan rolls his eyes and shrugs back his friends hand goes back to enjoy his meal with a particular Raven black eyes in his head.

I really wanted to tell her that I didn't find her naive or weak but just.........

He signs at his thought and unwraps his burger and takes a bite.

--------------------------------

Ruhee huffs loudly ones she leaves the restaurant.

"Annoying peace of jerk" Ruhee murmers to herself.

"What a sexist kind of guy?" Jian says out loud.

"Even my feminist was ready to lash out at him" Afza states with annoyance.

"Are you okay Ruhee?" Aina was the first to ask which catches the others attention to see Ruhee's eyes flowing with tears.

They all panic, because it is rare that Ruhee cries out or is angry, and today, they saw both.

"Oh my god. Why you crying girl?" ask Jian anxiously.

"Hey, did that guy hurt you or what?" asks Aina while Afza was only having a worried yet knowing look.

Ruhee wipes her tears with the back of her hand and sniffs her nose "I tend to cry when I am furious, I am surprised these tears didn't fall out in front of that guy. Allah saved me from embarrassment." Ruhee signs exasperatedly when she notices something and stiffens.

Her friends follow her direction and stiffen aswell.

There, from the street across, the group of boys from before were walking towards the restaurant, furious.

But this time, they were more in number, and held bats and sticks.

"Allah they are gonna kill us." states Jian with fear.

"Shut up, Jian. Be positive" Aina said but she was also scared.

"We can take them on. We have to be strong." Afza says dumbly but with a hint of determination yet Ruhee expected that from her.

What are we gonna do? We are so doomed. I didn't even live my life yet. And I don't think Allah is satisfied enough with me to put me in jannah.
God!!!!

All these thoughts were going in Ruhee's head, while staring at those boys.

Suddenly out of no were, someone grabbed Ruhee's hand and started running in the opposite direction. She also followed.

She looked back to see her friends also running behind her, and behind them, a well built man in suit was also running.

Seeing a bit further, she saw the group of boys also chasing her, which caused her to panic.

"Don't look back and run faster"

She looked at the source of the voice to see a man holding her hand and running. But she couldn't see his face,and then he turned around to look at her and....

What the heck?