CHAPTER 29

Now we know that sirius is the brightest star in space, but the sun is special in its own way. Just because it is not the brightest star anymore, doesn't mean it's useless. As I said before, if the sun is gone for a whole day, we'll be living in darkness.

So just because one of your titles is taken from you, doesn't mean you are plain. We are all special in our own way.

Magnificent is an understatement to describe the party hall. Ruhee had never been to such a big and grand event. And somewhere, deep down, she felt out of place. Everyone in the room were dressed extravagantly. Men in their tuxedo's and women all shimmering and shiney. Ruhee was a wearing a simple gown, but she had no clue that she looked beautiful.

I shouldn't care what others think. I know I look good, that's enough. Even Aayan said I look beautiful.

She was surprised when Aayan had complemented her earlier. She didn't know how to reply him, she had lost her voice. It was the first time he had ever complemented her. She was happy.

Many people came to greet them when they came here, and to say she was not terrified by the paparazzi would be a lie. She was horrified, but thankfully Aayan helped her with the niqab and covered her.

They were currently seated at their assigned table along with two more couples, and listening to the man on the stage, who happens to be the fundraiser, thanking the people present in the hall for their donations. He also stated out how they had used the money they had collected, and thanked the volunteers.

Ruhee looked down at her hand, that Aayan was still holding, placed on his lap. They were holding hands ever since they had entered the hall, and surprisingly, Ruhee didn't mind. She looked at Aayan's face, which was concentrated on what the fundraiser was saying. To be honest, Ruhee didn't wanna take her eyes of him.

Sure, he wore coats and blazers everyday for work, but there was something different about him today.

He looks dashing.

Suddenly, the entire hall erupted in claps, so Ruhee, on reflex went to clap her hands as well, but her hand was getting slapped between Aayan's hands. When Aayan realized something odd, he looked at his hand, he was still holding Ruhee's hand. He looked at her, while she was already looking at him. He abruptly let go off her hand with a small 'sorry'. Ruhee nodded and looked at her hand.

Soon, the speech was over and it was finally time to eat. Aayan walked them over to a buffet. The buffet was filled with all kinds of foods. It was hard for Ruhee to choose what she wanted to eat. Aayan handed her a plate, "Come." he said, and Ruhee followed.

He took her to a far off table. Ruhee read the name plate.

Thai Cuisine.

Ruhee looked at Aayan as he served himself and Ruhee. Ruhee kept quite and went along with Aayan, as he served them. They went to sit on their table, after picking up chop sticks. After they sat down, Aayan pointed out the dishes to Ruhee, "It's gonna be a month since I've known you, so I am quite aware of your choice of foods. So, I thought you'd like Thai food. Have you ever had Thai food before?" he asks, to which Ruhee shakes her head. Aayan points his sticks at the noodles and says, "This is Pad Thai, it is a famous fried noodles dish in Thailand, it is maid from rice noodles and I'm sure you'll like it."

He points to another dish, "This is Gai Pad Med Ma Muang. Stir fried chicken with cashew nuts." he points to a different one, "This is called Yum Nua. A spicy beef Salad." he points again to a different dish, "This is Tod Mun Pla, Thai fish cakes." he points to the last dish on the plate and says, "This here, is Som Tum, spicy papaya salad." Ruhee looks at him, astonished.