CHAPTER 35

What do you feel when you see a rainbow? Excitement? Joy? Delight? But they all are good feelings or feelings of happiness.

Ruhee was feeling exactly that. Today, Huzayl was gonna come to college to give his lecture, and she was super excited to see him. She even deciced to make minced meat stuffed rotis' for him. And that is exactly what she was doing, making them.

She was humming in the kitchen preparing the rotis' for Huzayl. Aayan comes down the stairs and sits on the sofa, reading the newspaper. He is all well now and had come back from his jog a few minutes ago. He was now dressed for work, which he was going to after three days, as Ruhee had strictly restricted him from going out. And there was also Sahma's threat.

Ruhee had laughed hard when she heard what Sahma's threat was. And Aayan's face was growing red, because how Ruhee found out about the threat was hilarious by itself.

Flashback :

It is Wednesday and Aayan has not gone to work for the past two days by now and it was getting to the workoholic guy.

It was dinner time and Ruhee had bought Aayan rice and a simple curry, and placed the tray on his lap so he can eat it. Aayan was glad to see some solid food after two long days of only porridge.

He picked up the spoon and dug in. Ruhee and Sahma had already eaten their dinner, so they were now seated beside Aayan as he ate. It was actually quite weird, since the only two females in his life were watching him eat.

'I am going to work tomorrow.' Aayan says, as he eats his meal. Ruhee looks at him and says, 'No, you are not.' 'Yes, I am.' he says, not bothering to look at her and continues to eat. 'Aayan, don't be stubborn. You are not completely well yet.' Ruhee explains him.

Aayan finishes his bowl and looks at Ruhee, 'Yes, I am completely well now. It is my body and I can tell.' he says. 'And I am studying that body for your information, and I know you are not.' she says. 'You-you are studying my body?' Aayan looks at her, shocked. Ruhee blinks twice and looks at Sahma to find her controlling her laughter. Ruhee looks back at Aayan and says, 'What I mean is, that I am not studying your body but human body.' she corrects.

Aayan looks at her flustered, but nods anyways, trying to control his smile. 'Anyways, don't change the subject. You are not going to work tomorrow.' Ruhee says, strenly. 'Yes, I am.' he says. 'No, you are not.' 'Yes, I am.' 'No, you are not.' 'I am.' 'You are not.' 'I am.' 'No.' 'Yes.' 'No.' 'Yes' 'Enough!' Sahma yells, to stop their childish banter.

She looks at Aayan sternly and says, 'You are not going to work tomorrow, it's final.' 'Ammi, I have work to do.' Aayan says. 'I don't care. My son's health is more important to me than your work.' Sahma says, being a dramatic mother.

'Ammi, don't be dramatic.' Aayan says, and signs. 'Oh I am being dramatic, now am I?' Sahma questions and Aayan nods at her. 'Fine then, I really wanted grand children, but you leave me no choice.' and Sahma walks out the room. 'What does she mean grand children?' Ruhee asks him and Aayan just stares were his mother had left from.

She wouldn't, right?

Sahma comes back after a minute or two, holding a big pair of scissors. Aayan's eyes bulge out of his sockets while Ruhee just looks at her confused. Sahma moves towards Aayan and says, 'I warned you before, and you didn't listen. This leaves me no choice.' and moves towards her son.

Aayan wastes no time jumping off the bed and standing at his left side, while a confused Ruhee was standing on the right side. Sahma moves holding the pair of scissors towards Aayan, and he jumps on the bed. Sahma tries to grab him but he jumps off the bed and stands behind Ruhee. Ruhee just looked at the mother-son duo, astonished.