"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her." Stefan muttered back to him.

"I heard that." She snapped but it sounded like there wasn't much real malice in her tone. "Grace what about you? I need a woman's opinion on this."

"You look amazing but unless you are going to a party or upmarket club I don't really think it is you. I mean modern fashion kind of means you can wear what ever you want whenever you want but a little black dress isn't really day to day wear." Grace smiled walking over to the clothing rack pulling out some items. "Now these are still fashionable and perhaps even daring but they are too preppy or too put together."

Rebekah smiled as she took the bundle of clothes into her arms.

"See Nik, Stefan - that is how you talk to a lady. Tell her what she wants to hear but actually give her useful advice at the same time."

"Yeah alright." Nik waved his sister of before turning back to Grace. His face lit up as though he had stumbled upon a brilliant idea. "Rebekah why don't you pick out some things for Grace to try on."

"Ohh sounds fun." Rebekah giggled.

"Go as ridiculous as you want." Nik encouraged her.

"This is all pretty ridiculous for me." Rebekah laughed before diving into the clothes on display.

Within a couple of minutes she had come back with some choice items for Grace to try on. Laughing along at Rebekah's obvious enjoyment of the task she had been set Grace took her turn to go behind the curtain and try on that she had been given.

The two dresses went down well with everyone and if it wasn't for the eye watering price tag she would probably have wanted to get them - however the expense brought their beauty down by at least half.

The last item was a top - a little more daring than she was used too but the fabric was soft and the colour was just right. Pulling it on over her head she smiled as she walked out to give a mini fashion parade. At first the three of them were smiling but quickly the three smiles, Rebekah was left looking confused, Stefan's grip on his champagne flute tightened until it shattered and Nik jumped to his feet so fast Grace almost fell over.

Following their eyeline she looked down.

Gasping her hands flew to cover her midriff, in her admiration for the the dress she had failed to realise that it left her new scar on complete view. Her pale disfigured skin was bare for the world to see. Not that the world really mattered - all people of any importance were right in front of her and the secret she had been keeping from them had been laid to bare due to a simple slip of the mind.

Before either of them could say anything she ran back into the changing room and closed the curtain as fast as she could. Her mind was racing and tears were building in her eyes, she didn't know why though. Perhaps the looks of shock and sadness on Stefan's face or the anger on Nik's.

She hadn't meant to keep the secret this long but  I'm finding out undoubtedly means going back to Mystic Falls - he would want to enact his vengeance - and going back to Mystic Falls means even more things would come to light. Besides she had promised herself she would never go back there.

It took all of ten seconds for the silence to break and the shouting to begin, it sounded like Stefan and Nik were going to kill each other. Both asking the other what happened, how they didn't know and we hen had it happened. Then they started accusing each other and that's when the tears really started to come.

"If I find out you did this to her Salvatore I will rip your head from you shoulders myself."

"Don't even think for a second that I would lab a finger on her." Stefan snarled back at him. "How do I know it was you?"