1 7

Giving her one last smile Kathrine disappeared off.

Moments passed before Grace angrily kicked the ground. "Dammit." She cried. "I forgot to ask where the boarding house is!"

May 31st 2010

Taking a moment to compose herself she looked at her surroundings, she hadn't actually stood in the town square for going on eight months now.

Not much had change, the buildings were still the same but she felt as though she had changed.

She didn't belong in Mystic Falls, not that she ever did. She was the odd one out, the out cast - she wasn't born here and despite their claims to hospitality and community it was hard to become a member of their exclusive 'founding family's only club'.

You had to of been born here to stand a chance.

A voice snapped her out of her musings, a voice that was calling out her name.

Turning round she came quite literally face to face with an old friend.

"Matt?"

"Grace!" The blonde embraced her in a friendly bear hug. "Its so good to see you." Pulling away he rested his hands on her shoulders , placing her arms length away. "Where've you been? I haven't heard anything from you in ages."

Grace froze, she was pretty sure that Kat had said Matt knew about the supernatural but if that extended to her time in a coffin she wasn't too sure and then suddenly she remembered the lie Elena had concocted to hide her disappearance.

"Didn't you get my letters?" He shook his head. "Oh Matt I've been sending postcards to the girls and asking them to keep in touch with everyone here. They must have forgotten to keep you updated with where is was."

"Where were you?"

"Everywhere Matt - Europe, Australia, Malaysia. I've been traveling."

"For half a year." He said with a crooked smile

"I've been taking a break." She said giving him a halfa smile. "But I'm back now." As a second thought she added in, "You wouldn't happen to know where the Salvatore Boarding House is, would you?"

"I do but what business do you have with the Salvatores?" He voice was louder now, agitated.

"The important kind, please can you take me there?"

"Alright." He said holding out his hand to her. "Come on."

They walked for awhile, Matt led them to the outskirts of town before going down a drive to a massive house, the Salvatore Boarding House, Grace assumed.

The door was a big dark wooden one with panelling, the exterior of the house had an old worldly feeling to it. She remembered Katherine's tales of the inhabitants of the manor - two brothers stuck outside of time, vampires like her and Nik.

In the eyes of Nik, one hundred and fifty year olds like the Salvatores must be like mere children but to her they were ancient.

Matt knocked on the door three times waiting each time for a reply but it didn't come.

"Maybe no one is home." He was hoping she would drop whatever 'important' business she had, Grace was the last person he wanted to see get caught up in all of this. He had lost Vicky, he wasn't about to lose her.