0 3

For getting 200+ readers here is a bonus chapter early, love you guys, thanks for the support,

Emma xxx

----------------------------------------------

"So...how long have I been asleep for." 

"About six months"  The girl dropped to her knees in despair.

April 28th 2010

"What about everyone else, what do they think happened to me."  She asked. "Do they think I ran away or...or do they know I have been asleep in a coffin for six months?"  She asked rhetorically, her voice quivering.

"Wait six months, I've been here well over six months so how come i haven't seen her before."  Damon asked.

"She's an introvert Damon, she keeps herself to herself."  Elena said.

"She was there you just never noticed. You only like flashy things and she never screamed attention seeking like the girls you normally occupy your time with."  Stephan quipped.

"I'm an introvert?"  The girl said, speaking to Elena, pulling her self back up - a fire sparked in her eyes.  "Is that all you think of me as?  And what are you then, depressed."  Elena flinched at the change in tone and Stephan took a step forward.

"No, after your parents died you were anti social, extremely reticent - you were consumed by grief and you wouldn't talk to anyone for fear of having to open up about your feelings - a true introvert. But you won't see me calling out that would you Elena?  Would you?"  The tears were coming heavy and fast now, poring down her cheeks.

"Look I know you lost your parents too but I was there when mine died, I survived something that they didn't, it wasn't just grief it was guilt and shame, you wouldn't understand that."  Elena said to the disturbed girl but that only hurt her more, to the point where she exploded right in front of their eyes becoming a single mass of fury.

"Guilt, do not talk to me of guilt and of shame Elena Gilbert, I watched as a psychopathic murder killed my parents slowly and methodically while I could do nothing to stop him so no I don't understand pain and grief and sorrow and guilt brought on by surviving something my loved ones didn't, so please Elena, enlighten me." 

"They are just coping methods, its alright to grieve but you have to face the facts."

There was a second of silence, this had for once become Elena's battle despite the supernatural bearings of the situations there was nothing supernatural about this. This was human, this was something that all the immortals in the room felt frightfully out of touch with. The was a child fighting back for lost time and for power, two things that are not at loss in an immortal life. This was a battle not Klaus, not Damon, not Stephen had ever faced and that's why they were routed in their place.

"You don't think I am an introvert, you think I am insane." The girl's accusatory edge to her voice was sharp and it hurt Elena but she didn't stop. "You annexed me away from everyone in fear of tainting your prestigious reputation. There is a different between being anti social and not being socialised with."  Her face twisted in realisation as though she had had an epiphany, the product of which was not for the better.  "Wait those looks and whispers, they were because of you weren't they, everyone thought I was an attention seeking basket case because you told that I was lying!"

"Caroline said her mum brought you home one day saying you'd had it rough, that you were fragile and probably won't be able to think  straight, we all naturally assumed that the story you told us wasn't true, we had every right to think so, you were a mess under the custody of a sheriff and you trusted no one." Elena whispered, it looked like mouse - terrified and quivering in the presence of a cat and yet here she was trying to reason with it.

"You had no right."  She said, her voice but a deadly whisper, a calling on the wind that sent shivers down the spines of the Salvatore brothers and also made Elena want double over in fear but she stood her ground while Klaus stood and grinned as it all unraveled before him.

"What you just expect? For us to believe you."  Elena asked.

"You still don't believe her?" Alaric asked Elena cautiously.  Elena opened her mouth but Stephan spoke first.

"Might I suggest telling the truth."  Stephan said. 

"Why wouldn't I?"  Elena said, looking at Stephan as though he had betrayed her by insinuating she would do anything else.

"Elena you told me she knew everything about us, about magic and the supernatural and was terrorising Bonnie about being a witch and so the magic kicked in to protect her resulting in the magical coma - you made her sound insane and unstable." Stephan said his eyebrows raising ever so slightly.

"She was." Elena whispered, now it was her voice breaking.

"Unstable, understandably but not insane.  Elena isn't it just a little hypocritical you accusing her of such things - you've lost your parents you know what pain she is feeling."  Ric said quietly trying to reason with her.

"She's just lying, the stress from waking up after six months is stopping her from thinking straight." Elena tried to reason, her voice strained.

"She is right here." The girl spat. "An unstable, insecure, introvert - is that all you think of me?  I was trying to be your friend, I told you my story because I had this clearly ill-founded trust in you not because I was vying for attention I wanted to be understood, I was drowning in my misery and pain and I gave you my life line in a bid to survive but all you've shown me is that you couldn't care less because you just let go and watched as I drowned."

"Are you saying I tried to kill you?"  Elena asked.

"Well you put me in a coffin." She laughed. "I'd say that pretty close! Do you even know why the sheriff told her daughter that I was fragile, that I had had it rough?  No, well let me enlighten you dear Elena. The sheriff found me in the back of an abandoned car on the road into Mystic Falls, the killer had driven through three states with me locked in the trunk, he didn't give me food or water, he just drove, until I couldn't talk, until I couldn't feel, until I couldn't breath and then stopped and then left." She drew a shaking breath as though retelling the story was making her relive it. "I was trapped in that tinny enclosed space until the brink of death. So that's why I was fragile and that's why I am claustrophobic so if you think I am still lying go ask the sheriff, I think she will change your mind." She spat, taking a seat on the slab from atop her coffin.

"Now love I think we are missing the big picture here."  Klaus said pushing off of the wall he had been lounging against.

"This has nothing to do with you Klaus, its none of your business."  Stephan warned Klaus.

"Oh it has everything too do with me, when I find my little doppelgänger has a few skeletons in her closet I make it my business," He said turning to the girl. 

"I'm not your anything Klaus!"  Elena cried indignantly.

Klaus completed ignored her outraged comment. "Now I do believe we've all been asking the wrong questions here, allow me to rectify the situation."  He knelt down offering her his hand, she took it and so he stood up right again pulling her to her feet.  "What love might your name be." 

The girl sniffed before giving him a smile before wiping her eyes with the back of her other hand.

"Grace, my name's Grace."