𝐟 𝐢 𝐟 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐨 𝐧 𝐞 : 𝙤𝙤𝙥𝙨𝙞𝙚

Start from the beginning

"The only way a woman can survive that poison is only if certain hormones creates antibodies, and this hormone only is given out when you are..."

"P-Pregnant?" Lazarus stuttered while staring at my belly, while my eyes widened.

Wait.

Wait wait wait wait—

How in the world—

I THOUGHT I DIDN'T TAKE THAT MUCH CORELIA INTO MY SYSTEM FOR ME TO PERISH—

"Wait what. I'm not..I can't be. I-I...how did I..isn't he a.." I mumbled in complete stuttering mess, making Lazarus cough a scared exhale of breath while making his hands relax in realisation, before Jacqueline boomed her laughter in front of everyone.

"Oh no, this is so upsetting. Looks like no woman can stick to you at all darling, this bitch just had to get satisfied by someone else, and oh look! She's got buns in the oven too! What a rejoicing moment." She stated innocently, while I almost collapsed on the ground with the thought of having someone inside me.

H-How can I be pregnant? I thought..

Aren't I a...human?

I have human blood, I don't even like blood!

Is there something...about vampire and human mates that I don't know about?

T-This...baby saved my life?

"She's not a cheater." Elliot growled with a grimace.

"Then how is she pregnant? Of course she's pregnant. She's a human, right? She can't get knocked up by a pure blooded vampire. It's impossible. The only explanation is that she had sex with someone else and is now carrying their child—"

"I NEVER CHEATED ON HIM! NEVER. He's the only man I've been with! I don't even know how I can pregnant! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS PREGNANT THIS WHOLE TIME!" I shouted in defence seriously, before Lazarus looked conflicted while searching something from my eyes.

No no no don't fucking bring your trust issues in this Zari!

I know what you're thinking! Don't you dare!

"Please believe me Zari, I would never do that to you. How could I ever fathom to be with someone else?! You know I can't do that to you. I-I don't know how I..have this baby.." I whispered in defeat while feeling new emotions flood me, looking down at my figure to stare at my lower stomach, realising this small thing inside me was the reason why I was able to breath.

"I-I...trust you.." Zari mumbled with a broken voice, following my gaze to stare at my belly with parted lips, making me choke a whimper because of the surfacing tears.

"She's saying the truth, it's clearly in her eyes. She can never do that." Micheal defended me too.

"I agree. Her mind is readable, she's innocent." Luther added.

"Even I do." Some guards joined.

"Of course she can't! She is not some cheating freak." Amelia growled from behind.