Chapter 2: Waking Up On the Hospital Bed

*In Temperance's Dream*

"Booth?! Where-" I frantically yelled as I couldn't find Booth and I didn't have my gun.

BANG

Just as I ran around the corner, I saw Booth lying on the ground, with his blood quickly pooling onto the ground. As I looked up for somthing to use to help stop the blood, I see Howard Epps, a fresh escape from prison.

"Looking for somthing?" He asks, holding up a medical bag, that could almost definitely save Booth's life.

"Give me it!!!" I yell, spitting on him as I yell.

"B****!!!!" He curses

As he starts to attack, I grab a hold of his elbow, and start twisting it toward the ground, making it impossible for him to stand straight. I immediately kick him repeatedly in the abdomen, and in the ribs, making him cough blood.

I grab the medical bag, and I find the tourniquet, and wrap it tightly around Booth's chest. As I am about to zip the bag up, Howard grabs me from behind and starts to strangle me.

"BOOTH!!!"

*In Real Life*

"BONES!"

"Can you hear me?" Booth says.

"Yes."

"You were screaming my name, I was in the waiting room, so I came." He explains.

"Well, Howard Epps was trying to kill me and you were in the process of dying. How are you not lethally bleeding from your chest?" I explained.

"Bones, Howard Epps is dead. We solved that case months ago."

"Really? Well, we were just inside of an abandoned jail, and he shot you!" I claimed.

"Well, we are just going to have to call Dr. Sweets."

"Who is that?" I ask. I try to recognize the name, but nothing comes to mind.

"What do you mean 'who is that?' He is our physchologist, to make sure that we can still work together!" Booth said, clearly agitated.

"Why wouldn't we be able to work together? We were paired for a reason! To solve murders!" I still have no idea what Booth is talking about.

"I love you! Why would we need to see a physchologist if we are happily married?" I say kissing him on the lips.

"Oh look, here comes Angela, Bones. You should remember her right? She was your best friend" who is Angela? I thought to myself. According to Booth, she was my best friend.

"Hello, Angela" I put my hand out for her to shake "My name is Dr. Temperance Brennan, and right here is my husband and professional partner, Special Agent Seeley Booth, he helps me solve murder cases."

"Brennan, Sweetie,-

"Either call me Dr. Booth, or Temperance." I said. Why are people getting my name mixed up?

"Why are you asking me to shake your hand? And since when are you and Booth married?" The 'supposed' Angela says.

"Well, strangers don't greet each other with a hug, now do they? And, we have been married for a year, and our anniversary is coming up!" I had no idea why this stranger was being so Curious about my obvious relationship with Booth.

"Okay, Booth, can you explain to me what happened since she yelled YOUR name and woke up?" Angela asks. She seems friendly.

"Well, she said my name, it sounded urgent so I came in. She said that Howard Epps was trying to kill her, and that he had already shot me. I said maybe we should call Dr. Sweets, and she had no idea who he was, then you came in and it got all mixed up."

"Okay, well this is definitely a case for Sweets. What's weird, is that so far, she only remembers you, Howard Epps, and her occupation, solving murder cases." Angela states, as she texts, the 'physchologist' Dr. Sweets.

The woman named Angela leaves the room.

"Bones, what exactly happened in your dream?" Booth asks.

"Well, we were supposed to kill Howard Epps, so we went into an abandoned jail where he was supposedly hiding. We were inside, and we went around a corner, and he shot you, in the chest. You fell to the ground, so I tried to aid you. When I looked around, there, Howard Epps, was standing, holding a medical bag, that could save your life. I said to give it to me, and I spit on him-"

"You spit on him?" Booth asks.

"Yeah, I was hoping it would distract him so I could get the bag." I explained.

"Wow, Bones, you are intelligent in real life and in your dreams!" Booth said, surprised.

"So after I spat on him and took the bag, he backed off as I put a tourniquet around your chest, and as I zipped the bag closed, he started strangling me, then I screamed for help, then I woke up."

"Wow, unbelievable." Said a strange looking man, with short brown hair and a childish looking face, who is currently walking into the room.

"Hey Bones, it's Dr. Lance Sweets! He's here to get all of your memory back!" Booth says, sounding cheery.

"But I do have all of my memory! I know that I am a forensic anthropologist, I work at the Jeffersonian with you, my husband, and that we have a child named Parker together!" I said, as 'Dr. Sweets' looked at me in shock.

"And that is why I am here, Dr. Brennan-"

"Dr. Booth-" I corrected him.

"Angela called me and told me about your situation, the dream you had, you yelling for Booth, and waking up." Dr. Sweets continues.

"So, can you tell me where Epps shot Booth? Point on your body where he shot Booth." Sweets instructs me.

"Right here-" I poked where a bandage was, for some odd reason. "Owww!" I suddenly got a vision in my head.

"What are you seeing Dr. Brennan?"

"Someone shot me, then Booth carried me to the hospital down the street." I said remembering something, obviously a 'forgotten memory' that Sweets keeps telling me about.

"Good news Booth, your 'wife' should recover fully within the near future" Sweets says with a smile.

**********************************************************************************************************

I hope you guys liked it!

I plan to write a sequel, and..... Yeah I hope you guys like it! I am really exited to write this book, so expect 1-2 chapters a day, usually at least 3 pages each chapter!

Thank you to everyone who is reading this book!