Chapter 69

;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys want to interact more with those who read this fanfiction? Have you ever wondered wtf happened in the Chapter 14 comment section? We have an Uwu Cult Discord server! The people on here are amazing and never fail to make me laugh, it's such an inclusive and supportive environment, I heavily recommend. Here is the link:

https://discord.gg/paasByP

Now for the chapter!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so excited," Sirius whispered under his breath, giggling gleefully. "I'm so excited!"

Remus, holding a large cup of coffee, raised his eyebrow. "So you have been telling me for the past twenty-four hours with the intervals between each statement lessening significantly within the last two."

They both walk quickly down the street from where they parked their car to the little shop. Peter Pettigrew was scheduled to open the store but Sirius made him swear to not tell anyone about the surprise party or he would personally get him fired and then chase him out of Europe. Needless to say, the poor boy was terrified to even open his mouth from then on.

They finally reached the store and Remus reached forward to open the door, the familiar bell tinkling happily as they walked into the cool room.

A short boy poked his blonde head up from behind the counter. "Oh thank god, it's just you two!" he squeaked, hurrying over to open the door to get into the staff area. "I didn't know what I would've told Lily and James if it was them. I'm not really good at hiding things."

Looking at how worried Peter looked and how he was wringing his hands, Sirius patted his shoulder and said, "I don't doubt that."

"How did opening go?" Remus asked, putting his bag down on a little table next to the fridge.

Peter shrugged. "Not much happened. A few customers here and there but it's only..." he looked down at his watch. "Nearly ten in the morning, now. It should start getting busy after that."

"Great," said Sirius, swinging his new set of keys around his finger.

Peter eyed them, before glumly stating, "I wish I could be the Secret-Keeper."

Sirius went still for a second.

Remus looked at him.

"It's not even a real position," Sirius laughed. "I'm sure you'll find someone to give you their house keys one day, Pettigrew."

Peter's face brightened significantly. "You think so? Thank you!"

"Alright, well, uh," Remus readjusted the bag around his shoulder. He pointed towards the back room door. "We should really start. Setting up and all."

"Oh, yes, of course." Peter rushed. "See you then."

Mocking a salute, Sirius grabbed Remus' hand and they walked out of sight, opening a beaten-down-looking door that was near the back exit.

"I haven't been down here in ages," Remus said, choking back a cough at how dusty it was.

"'I wish I could be the Secret-Keeper,' pfft. Did you hear him?" Sirius mocked, shaking his head. "Like I'd ever give him my damn keys." he seductively stroked the dusty wall until he found what he was looking for: a light switch.

A small, yellow globe lit up the stairwell, highlighting the spiderwebs hanging around each corner.

Ignoring Sirius' muttering, Remus sneezed. "When was the last time we used this?"