Chapter 29

Three glasses of wine clinked together.

"Boy, wasn't that a scare?" Remus mused, lifting the glass to his lips.

"I'll drink to that," Sirius said. He rested his head on Remus' shoulder after draining his glass.

Lily rested her hands on her swollen stomach, gently rubbing it. "I would have at least flown with them if I was allowed,"

"Imagine moving to London," James shook his head. "That would be crazy."

"We'd have been closer to Mum and Dad," Lily said, her eyebrow slightly furrowed. "What if he falls again and we're not there to help him?"

"That's why he's staying in a home with your mum," James patted her arm comfortingly. "They're with professionals now. They're getting old, it's just good that it's happened now,"

"Mm... god, I need some wine right now," Lily rubbed her forehead, laughing dryly. "Come on, little guy,"

"Won't be long now," James said, and the excitement in his voice was evident.

"Have you finalised the names?" Remus asked, playing with Sirius' hair.

"I still go for Sirius Junior," Sirius chimed in. "It's catchy and he'll have an awesome legacy to live up to,"

Lily scoffed. "Yeah, annoying everyone so much that he's disowned? I'd love for my kid to live up to that."

"Hey, now," Remus said in a warning tone, squinting.

"Plus, we don't even know the sex yet!"

"It's fine." Sirius poked his tongue out at Lily. "So what name will this disappointment have if it's not named after me?"

Lily and James looked at each other, before James spoke. "Well, we're down to four names,"

"Oof, spill," Sirius leaned forwards eagerly.

"Wait, four?" Lily furrowed her eyebrows. "What's the fourth one?"

James cleared his throat. "Not all parties agree on the fourth name and refuse to acknowledge it as a good decision,"

Lily rolled her eyes. "Is this about Elvendork again? James, we are not calling our child Elvendork!"

"It's a badass name!"

"It is out of the question!"

"Fine then!" James huffed and crossed his arms. "You introduce the stupid names, then,"

Rolling her eyes again but gently holding James' hand, Lily listed off the names. "We like the idea of the gender neutral name Alex,"

"Yasssss," Sirius said, a hand on his cheek.

"Then we have Imogen or Harry,"

"Or Elvendork,"

"We kept the sex of the baby a surprise," Lily explained. "So we'll find out after the little tyke's born, I guess,"

Remus nodded, his finger circling lazily around Sirius' bicep. "When is the baby due?"

-----

"Now?!" Sirius shouted into his phone, scrambling out of bed, almost sending Remus off the bed when he was shocked awake.

"Now!" James shouted back. "We're on our way to the hospital, I'm trying to make Lily stop panicking-"

"I'm not panicking, James," came Lily's voice from somewhere in the phone call.

"Sh-she's quite distressed, I had to tell her that we'll be fine and everything is going to go to plan-"

"Hey, that's what I said to y-"