♡three♡

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

Emily Brontë

Tony has been working on a new project for days now. I bring down his coffee and the gift I made for him since he is ignoring my repeated attempts to get him upstairs.

"I've been buzzing you," I tell him. Tony doesn't say anything. "Did you hear the intercom?"

"Yeah, everything's... What?" Tony asks.

"Obadiah's upstairs," I inform him.

"Great!" Tony remarks.

"What would you like me to tell him?" I ask.

Tony looks at me curiously. "Why are you here instead of Pepper?"

"Because she is still trying to sort out your mess and I was unemployed," I explain. "So I'm your babysitter for now."

"Am I paying you for this?" Tony asks.

I nod my head. "Very generously."

Tony nods his head. "I'll be right up."

I look over at him and see some mechanical device covering his whole right arm. "I thought you said you were done making weapons."

"I did. This is a flight stabilizer. It's completely harmless," Tony tells me. Then he activates it and goes flying backwards. "I didn't expect that."

I shake my head. "I lost my job and you're here playing around with a flight stabilizer for god only knows what." I turn to leave. "Oh, and next time start at 1% thrust and you won't wind up on your ass."

I head back upstairs and wait for Tony. Obadiah is sitting at the piano playing some song I don't know.

It isn't long before Tony finally comes bounding up the stairs. "How'd it go?" Tony turns and spots the pizza on the coffee table. "It went that bad, huh?"

"Just because I brought pizza back from New York doesn't mean it went bad," Obadiah counters.

"Sure doesn't. Oh, boy," Tony says as he picks up a slice.

Obadiah stops playing the piano and stands up. "It would have gone better if you were there."

"You told me to lay low. That's what I've been doing. I lay low, and you take care of all..." Tony starts.

"Hey, come on. In public. The press. This was a board of directors meeting," Obadiah tells him.

"This was a board of directors meeting?" Tony asks.

"The board is claiming you have posttraumatic stress. They're filing an injunction," Obadiah informs Tony.

"A what?" Tony asks.

"They want to lock you out," Obadiah explains.

"Why, 'cause the stocks dipped 40 points? We knew that was gonna happen," Tony argues.

"Fifty-six and a half," I tell him.

Tony turns to face me. "It doesn't matter. We own the controlling interest in the company."

"Tony, the board has rights, too. They're making the case that you and your new direction isn't in the company's best interest," Obadiah states.

"I'm being responsible!" Tony shouts. "That's a new direction for me, for the company. I mean, me on the company's behalf being responsible for the way that..." Tony looks at me and I sigh. "This is great." He gets up and takes the pizza with him.