𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

JUST WANT SOMEONE TO UNDERSTAND
↳ chapter eighteen

In an apparent change of luck, the group of four ran into a pair of familiar faces

In an apparent change of luck, the group of four ran into a pair of familiar faces. They'd been trudging through the crowded woods without much direction, following Daryl's lead as he continued forward; a bloody Madi hung off of his side, using him as a crutch for her injured leg.

They'd been approaching a dirt trail when a horse-drawn carriage halted in front of them, cutting them off. And when they glanced up, Michonne and Judith were looking back at them, friendly smiles on their feautures as the young girl grew temporarily excited at the sight of Madi Walsh; that is, until she noticed the pale color of her half-sister's skin, and the tied cloth material that wrapped around her red, stained pant-leg.

"Anyone headed to Kingdom?" Judith asked, offering them a ride and nodding to the back of the wooden vehicle. Clinging onto Daryl, Madi peered over her shoulder at Lydia, offering the girl a half-hearted, reassuring smile. The brown-eyed girl relaxed her tense shoulders at the sight, calming her anxiety; seeing as she didn't really know the mother-daughter duo in front of her.

Though they didn't do it audibly, the group accepted the offer, and silently loaded onto the carriage. Daryl helped Madi into the back as Judith got up from her seat and piled in beside her sister, attempting to smother her grin and hide her excitement. She'd wanted to talk to the older girl for a long while, after all. And though they'd spoken a few times before, using the radio that Carl had given Madi once upon a time, Madi had been fairly distant.

Judith didn't know it at the time, but Madi had just been struggling to use the device. It was hard for her; hearing someone else's voice emit from the radio; a voice that didn't belong to Carl Grimes. She liked to pretend that she was over it, but there had rarely been a moment that she wasn't thinking about him over the last few years. She missed him.

And, so did Judith.

"What happened to your leg?" The young girl wondered, closely eyeing Madi Walsh as she spoke, her similarly blue eyes flickering between the teen's leg and lovely face. She shifted a bit more, getting comfortable in her place beside Madi on the truckbed-like platform.

They were close, their knees and elbows knocking one another every time they moved more than an inch. Madi didn't seem to notice the way Judith longed to have a relationship with her; the way she clung onto Madi; the apparent last form of blood-related family she had left.

Madi looked down at the small girl, exhaling sharply. "Don't worry about it." She assured her, nudging the child's arm with her own and smiling softly, in spite of the constant, dull pain that stung her stab wound.